
Recently I discovered the Bourne Trilogy. And now I think I might be a little obsessed.
It all started when Christy (or Amy - I'm not sure who it was) called Eric up to invite us on a sibling date to go to a show and then watch the Bourne Ultimateum. We decided that since he hadn't watched the first two for a while and I had never seen the first one and only watched the second one once, a couple of years ago (and didn't even really like it that much at the time), that we should try and watch the first two again to prep for watching the third one.
Well, we only got to watching the Bourne Identity that week, but I liked it - A LOT! Then we watched the Bourne Ultimateum and I liked it a lot. Then we went out and bought the Bourne Supremacy.
Liking these movies as much as I do is kind of uncharacteristic of me - they aren't the genre that I normally like. But what can I say? They are suspenseful, make you think, are pretty well done (minus the stupid shaky camera thing in the last two movies - I'm not a fan), there are some pretty cool action scenes, and Matt Damon pulls off that smooth, cool as a cucumber, super-spy thing really well - very James Bond-esque. But a lot cleaner. That works for me.
-Briana
p.s. check out that picture of my hot husband on the right :)
6 comments:
you and tom both! i swear that kid has watched the bourne ultimatum about five times since we got it. and we borrowed the bourne supremacy and watched that. probably should have done that BEFORE the ultimatum, because now it makes a whole lot more sense! i think my favorite is the first one.
Yeah Christy, I think the first one is my favorite, too. We just watched the second one again last night and I like it more now that I have seen the others - it made more sense. I would have to sat that the 1st one is my favorite, then the third one and then the second one.
I read The Bourne Identity a long time ago, and really liked it. It was my favorite of the Ludlum books I read. You might like it. It's better than the movie--his character is (obviously) much more developed. But, unfortunately, you also have to wade through a certain amount of junk . . . which is why I gave up on Ludlum.
Love you,
Mom
Thanks for the recommendation Mom!
I think these are some of the greatest action flicks of our time. I also think your right that they did a good job casting Matt Damon, I don't think anyone else could have pulled it off as well.
Don't feel too bad about the obsession. I'm sure it's one Eric doesn't mind and Ryan would gladly welcome in our home! The blessing yesterday was beautiful! Thanks for having us over!
Post a Comment