Well, if you read my previous post, you know that just a little over a week ago, Elena started spitting up on a pretty regular basis. She really doesn't spit up a ton, it just depends on the day - sometimes not at all, sometimes just once or twice, and sometimes several times. While this may not sound unusual or that bad, anyone that knows me knows that I HATE spit-up. Well.... now that the spit-up is coming from my own daughter, its a little better. But, I still don't like it.
There have been two spit-up incidents of note lately:
1. Last night, Elena stopped nursing all of a sudden and got wiggly and kind of fussy. I figured she had gas and I started to burp her over my shoulder. After a minute or so, I heard a really good burp. "Good," I thought. "She was gassy." I kept on burping her. A minute or so later, I hear spit-up noises and two big plops behind me and feel something wet running down my leg. Elena had probably the biggest spit-up yet. Two huge piles on the couch behind me, spit-up on my back and shoulder, spit-up running down my leg, and spit-up on the carpet. Yuck. But at least she felt better. Thank heavens for the fabric protection plan on the couches.
2. This morning, we were sitting on the couch nursing. After she finished, she was just laying on my lap. Out of nowhere, with no warning, comes spit-up (quite a bit) all over my arm, the boppy, and my shirt. Oh well. I dry it up and forget about it. A few hours later, we are nursing again and she goes to the bathroom, which leaks out of her diaper and onto me. I figure, "Hey, I needed to change my shirt anyways." After I finish that, I picked up Elena again and laid her down on my lap. No sooner had I done that than spit-up comes flying out of her mouth (I mean seriously projecting) onto my arm and all over my freshly changed shirt. I give up. I'm just meant to wear spit-up today. :)
Stay tuned for more exciting volumes of the Spit-up Sagas.
I Do Now
2 days ago
3 comments:
excellent. i definitely feel your pain. i feel like i walk around most days covered by spit up. but amy tells me it ends at some point, so we have hope.
This is true. It does end at some point, but by then, it'll be time for a sibling! Just had to say that. Face it, girls, being covered in someone else's body fluid is just part of the mothering process. Smile and enjoy it. It won't last forever!
Thanks for the blog--it made me smile :)
Love, the Spitter's Grandma
Amen Liz! Welcome to motherhood. I currently am sporting "snail tracks" (or snot smears if you prefer) all over my clothes.
Post a Comment