Well, being a mom has had its highs and lows. Mostly highs. Not really any lows to speak of -never anything worse than getting spit-up on or being a little behind in sleep.
Well, last night, I hit a new low. After eating at Olive Garden yesterday, I apparently got food poisoning. Towards the end of the night, I started to feel really sick to my stomach and shaky. Poor Elena didn't know what was going on. I was just laying around, looking like death and she was totally bewildered as to why we were acting so funny. Luckily, we have mastered the art of nursing while laying down because I felt too weak to hold her up to nurse.
About half an hour after we went to bed, I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I then proceeded to vomit - like I have never vomitted before. It got worse, but I will spare you all the details. Well, I'm crying sitting on the bathroom floor, calling for Eric, who comes in to help me out. This wakes Elena up and she starts to cry because she doesn't understand what is going on. Eric is really busy trying to help me and so Elena has to just cry it out for a bit. Poor Girl. After we got all of that dealt with, we head back to bed, but Elena proceeds to wake up every hour or two crying because it has been such a weird night and she isn't sleeping well. After running to the bathroom one more time, getting the shakes and cold chills, and a slight fever, the night finally ends. Luckily Eric was around to help me with Elena and was able to take the day off of work. Being a mom is really hard when you feel so sick and can hardly move. It was really hard just to pick Elena up, not to mention trying to be a good mom and talk to her and play with her and such.... And I felt bad because she looked so confused about why mom wasn't happy and wasn't talking to her like normal.
But, I'm feeling mostly better now. Just a little tired and weak. Probably just need to eat a little and sleep some more. It was just a very sad night and cast an interesting light on being a mom. I have a new respect for all the times my mom was sick while we were growing up. Its hard. (Sorry, I know this post has no real value and is not that interesting... I just needed to rant.) Thank heavens for my awesome husband - I don't know what I would do without him!
P.S. sorry the blog has been so dry as of late. This semester is crazy. But, we will post more (BETTER) posts soon! :)
I Do Now
2 days ago
4 comments:
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.
You have a very wonderful husband and you are a great mom. It's amazing what we can do for our children when we aren't up to snuff.
I hope you are feeling better sweetheart. I love you.....
Send me pictures of my grandaughter! I miss her.
oh man, that is SOOO crappy!! being sick must be the worst with a baby. i've been lucky to not get too sick yet, but i'm definitely dreading it. i'm glad you have eric to help you!
I always said that it isn't fair for moms to get sick because they can't stop being a mom. I'm glad Eric was good to you (you're makin' me proud, Son!) and that you're feeling better today. Lots of rest, lots of fluids.
Love you, Mom
Rob had strep last month and it put him totally out of commission for several days. Well of course I got it next, aches, headaches, killer sore throat, stomach ache, chills, etc. But guess what I got to do instead of laying in bed like my husband got to? I went to 2 school Christmas performances, drove carpool, went to the grocery store, made dinner! Man, life isn't fair!
Anyway, glad you survived and very glad Eric got to help out!!!
Post a Comment