Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Tidbits of News...

1. We are going to Hawaii!!! Funny that everything is falling into place so soon after I have been wishing to go so bad lately. My assistant instructor's parents have a timeshare in Hawaii and they [my assistant - not her parents :)] have invited us on a week-long trip there next May. Its still a little ways off, but at least there is something concrete set now. So, if anybody sees cheap plane tickets to Hawaii, let me know. :) I'm on the lookout.

2. A couple of days ago I got an electric breast pump (the same brand as my manual one) and I am in love with it! I used to absolutely dread pumping milk, but now its so quick and easy! Sheesh... I should have just started off with an electric one in the first place - it makes such a difference.

3. Elena is scooting around now. Having mastered the art of rolling over, she is quickly discovering how great it is to be mobile. Just today she started scooting her self around with her arms and hands. I moved something out of her reach while she was on her tummy and she just got right over to it. Pretty soon she is going to be a force to be reckoned with! :) And can I just say that she is extremely cute! While I have been here working around the house, she has been laying on the floor near me playing with toys and jibber- jabbering away. I love how inquisitive she is and all the sounds she makes. It makes me smile to sit and listen to her. :D I think its one of my favorite sounds in the world.

10 comments:

Eric said...

Notes of interest:
1. My wife is really good-looking.
2. The Hawaii idea is for May 2009, and money hasn't materialized yet. I personally think South Dakota sounds nice.
3. We better start picking up all of those plastic bags, syringes, and hand granades if Elena really is moving around that much!
4. My wife is crazy too! -Eric

Briana said...

Silly Love - that's why the trip is so far in advance - so we can save up. Especially the end of the year bonus and next year's tax return. :)

Hawaii here we come!

Liz said...

The Hawaii trip sounds fun; I hope you can work it all out.

I also suspect Eric did a little editing in that post :)

Christy said...

yes, interesting editing job eric.

and i'm excited that you guys get to go to hawaii! you will DIE.

Briana said...

Gees! yep I didn't see that editing until just now! I'm going to go take that out! Sorry guys... :)

He's a cutie though!

Briana said...

I'm glad at least that you know Eric well enough to know that it was him and that I am not some crazy psychopath! ;)

Eric said...

I don't get the editing comments.

-Eric

Anna said...

Ohhh, I hope you make it to Hawaii! We haven't been for years and I think it is about time to rectify the situation.

Bill Hastings said...

Which island? Will we see you? You know we've empty bedrooms, and you'd be more than welcome.
Uncle B

Briana said...

Thanks Uncle Bill for the offer! I'm not positive about which Island, but its the one with the big airport on it. :) (Shows how much I know about Hawaii...)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06