Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is anyone else getting nervous?

Now, I know that the news is all about blowing things out of proportion and making them sound dramatic and scary, but seriously, this whole swine flu thing is starting to freak me out:

(First probable case of swine flu hits Utah)
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_12254504

and

(General Info)
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=1544709

Maybe its just because I've had an experience with someone dying recently, but all I can picture is Elena or Eric getting sick and dying. And then I try and tell myself not to worry and to be faithful. But, then I think about all the stuff said in General Conference just a few weeks ago about preparing for hard times, and trials being for our good, and so on and that makes me think that something bad really is coming my way.

I'm so paranoid and such a worry wart, I know. But, I can't help it. Blargh! Why can't things just settle down around the world for a while?? Wars, the economy, violence, social issues, flu pandemics, etc.!! Sometimes I don't feel valiant enough for the last days. :) I'm a baby. I just feel like I don't care all that much about being "stretched" or "growing" or "getting stronger" - I'd much rather just live a boring, happy, peaceful, safe, long life.

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

im a little freaked out down here in sd myself!

Lisa said...

Glad to read in the article that they think they'll have it under control! Thats comforting! It kinda freaks me out, but what do you do?? I agree though, I just want a boring "normal" life, but with these times right now, what is "normal"? There is no more stability...

emuhle said...

yeah, i kinda freaked yesterday, too! someone at work is out with pneumonia but they thought that he could have the swine flue, too. yikes. don't worry, he didn't :) and i definitely have freak out days about everything else, too. i'm bringing children into this, willingly! what am i thinking?!? i'm a baby, too. i usually just hope that i can teach my kids enough that i don't have to (even though i will...) worry about them and just worry about the rest of the world! but this talk from president eyring sometimes pops into my head, and it usually helps me feel a little bit better... :)

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-21,00.html

Logan Family said...

I've been sick for the past week with flu symptoms and my mom is freaking out over it. I wasn't too worried until Sterling told me today that I might have pneumonia. I don't have a doctor here in Oregon so we're trying to find one.

Briana said...

Anna: yikes! yeah, go to the doctor :) hope you feel better soon!

Anna said...

I don't know whether to freak out or not. The news is so crazy, but they keep saying the cases are mild. I wish I could just totally ignore it.

Liz said...

I've always taken consolation from listening to people say that 90% of the things you worry about never happen. So the way I look at it--my worrying about things is actually keeping them away :)

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Yup, little freaked out. Back to my germ-a-phobic ways. Carrying hand sanitizer and avoiding public restrooms, doorknobs, hand rails etc. There is an unconfirmed case of swine flu case here in the Tri-Cities, in Pasco, and another possible one at my little cousins' school here in Kennewick.

I hope this is not pandemic and that people can protect themselves.

Amy said...

That's pretty crazy. I hadn't heard about this flu. I can relate in a big way to being a worry wart! BUT, we're okay. All of those things aren't happening to ME right now and there's not much I can do about them. So I don't think we need to be worrying. Will bad things happen to us, maybe. But worrying won't stop them. It just keeps us from being happy right now. Easier said than done for me:)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06