Today is a good day.
Do you ever have days when your kid(s) are being really well-behaved, doing what they're supposed to and staying out of trouble, where everytime you look at them they are accomplishing something new or doing something really cute that makes your heart melt, days where there is NO (not even a few seconds of) crying?
I'm having one of those days. And it rocks. :)
Besides of some more tender mercies we have been blessed with today, it's just one of those days when I feel that motherhood is particularly rewarding- one of those days when I really, REALLY love being a mom. It's one of those days that helps to make all the other days worth it.
It's just been a nice day in general - beautiful weather, hot, wonderful husband ;), got to sleep in, my killer headache from last night is easing, good hair day, got new clients for Greengo, yummy food to eat, no more ants in my house, lots of blessings, etc. And then to top it all of - it's like everything good that we've been trying to get Elena to do (and then some) has finally clicked and she is doing it all - asking for help when she wants something she can't get on her own, saying please, not hitting or scratching when she's upset, sitting down at the table or in her high chair to eat, waiting patiently for us, using her words when she wants something, eating well, etc etc. And she's just being really cute: lots of kisses and hugs, smiles, dancing around, saying cute phrases, cuddling her bear, laughing at Blue's Clues, putting on my shoes and grabbing a ridiculously huge bag for her "purse" when it's time to go, being a good helper all day, putting a diaper on her bear, etc.
It is seriously magical. I keep stopping and thinking, "Ok, what is going on?!" I thank heaven for days like today!
Here are some pictures to prove it - I turned around and Elena was trying to put a diaper on her bear. SO CUTE! It was seriously making my heart melt watching her. What a little sweetie - trying to be such a good mommy. She is getting so grown up!



And a video, too! :) It's even more cute...
11 comments:
adorable! love the video! what's greengo?
Alyssa: Greengo is our lawncare company :) it's Eric's job now that he is done at his old one
wow that does sound like a good day! no crying?? i don't think i've EVER had a day like that in the past (almost) two years. great that you recorded it so you can remember on those not so good days.
sophie loves putting diapers on her stuffed friends too. it's so cute to see them mimicing what we do.
my days have NOT been like that. Clara is a clothes changing machine and it is driving me CRAZY!!!
I'm a bit jealous.
what a happy day! :) and your little girl just keeps getting cuter and cuter with every picture (and video)! i hope we get to meet her some day! also, i think our husbands need to be friends. they seem like they would get along quite well... yay for being a mom! :)
I'm so happy for you, and jealous, that you're had such a great day! You feel accomplished as a mother when they finally "get it" whatever it is that you're trying so dilligently to teach them! Shes a doll!!
(sorry I didn't call Eric to come do our yard work... Jake said he was actually excited to do it, he's always liked doing yard work, but I"ll keep him in mind when the excitement wears off :) )
Lisa: lol, no problem :)
Megan: yep, I think it sounds like destiny - our husbands both like soccer, share the same birthday... sounds like pretty much they were meant to be friends! :)
Bahhahahah! When I called you and heard your answering machine, I thought it was Gringo....and I thought it was a joke. I told Dustin about it at the time, and we laughed about it together...Greengo is less funny, but probably better for business! :)
Amy: hehehe... yeah defiunitely better for business :)
I hate ants! Bleh! You will not see me in the same room with them. And if see them on the ground, I think I have them all over me for hours afterward. Ugh, shivers! I'm glad they're gone.
Post a Comment