Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Update

I'm happy to report that Lily is doing much better!

Last night, we took her to the hospital to get suctioned and they tested her oxygenation levels again. She kept them up very well on her own and we were told that she only needs to be on oxygen at night now!! Hooray!

This is such a relief in so many ways!

First off, on just a superficial level:

it's really nice not to have to drag her oxygen tank around everywhere now - it has been an ordeal just to go across the room to grab a diaper.

On a deeper level:

it feels like a tremendous burden has been lifted from our shoulders. These have been a weary couple of weeks. Watching and worrying have made us tired - mind, body, and soul. When we walked out of the hospital last night, both Eric and I agreed that our shoulders literally felt ten pounds lighter- like a palpable burden had been removed.

And most importantly:

it means that our little Lily is well on the road to recovery. Hallelujah!

Tomorrow, we have (hopefully) our last doctor's appointment to try another room-air trial and see if we can take her completely off of oxygen. If she's able to keep her levels up, then we are done. And we'll just finish off our last couple of weeks of quarantine - so she doesn't pick up another virus that will send her to the hospital- and we'll be over this!

Hooray!

***Thanks to everyone for your prayers and kind words. We are grateful for your love and support!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Such good news! You've been in our prayers. Love you all.

Christy said...

yay!!! i'm so happy to hear this news. that is SO GREAT.

Amy said...

I'm SO glad things are clearing up!!

Amy said...

I am so glad Lily's doing better. So relieved. I talked to Eric earlier and he said she's off of oxygen today- passed the last test! Congrats. Let me know when the quarantine is up. I've hardly held Lily. Just in the hospital and once at your house. I can't wait to be with you guys again!

Lisa said...

YEAH!!!! So glad things are getting better!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06