Sunday, March 21, 2010

That moment that changes everything

We don't know when or if we will feel up to posting details, but just an FYI to those of you who haven't heard. We found out on Thursday, that our beautiful little ray of sun, Elena, has Leukemia, and today she started chemotherapy. Life changes so fast. Keep us in your prayers.

Eric and Briana

19 comments:

Amy said...

We love you guys so much. Please call me for anything.

Anonymous said...

This is Briana's mom... I have started a blog to keep everyone up
to date on Elena, Eric and Bri. Feel free to visit www.brimley4ever.blogspot.com. I will do my very best to keep it updated and going until the kids are ready to take updates over themselves.

Christy said...

we love you and little elena fiercely. please know that we are suffering, hoping, and praying along with you.

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Thanks Genea for the update blog. Bri & Eric Elena and Lily our prayers and thoughts are with you. I just found out this morning, we so appreciate the love you've shown us and look forward to sending lots back to your family.

Shaylee

Liz said...

You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you so much.

Anna said...

All day, since I heard, you have all been in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even begin to imagine what you all must be going through, but please know that you will continue to be in my prayers and I know prayers are answered. All our love to you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Know that we are thinking of you and praying for you.

The Reil Family said...

we are thinking of you and wish you the best - if you need ANYTHING (research, emailing, toys to keep elena busy) please let us know!

alyssareil@gmail.com

melissa said...

We fasted for you guys (especially Elena) yesterday. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since I found out. She's such a sweet little girl - I'm so glad that she was able to go to Parker's little birthday party on Wednesday. She's a fighter. You guys will make it through this. Please call me if there's ever anything that I can do. I'll babysit (in Orem, SLC, wherever), bring food, run errands, anything at all. My number is 801.318.7066. Elena and your family are in my every prayer.

The Hulls said...

You're all in our prayers.

emuhle said...

wow. you are in my prayers.

Amy and Mike said...

We feel the same as everyone else, we cannot stop thinking about you guys since finding out the news. We will be praying for you, please let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

Amy said...

This post touched my heart--You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry... I don't know what to say. If there is anything we can do let us know, please! I've been thinking about you guys and praying for you and little Elena. Life does change so fast.

Arielle said...

Oh my goodness Briana. You and your family are just so special that Satan seems to be working extra hard on you! I wish you the best of luck through this process. You are in my heart and prayers. Keep faith and know that with God anything is possible!

Jenny said...

We love you. I truly think it was a blessing that I could be there with you last week. I will be praying for you.

Anna said...

Now that I see the Neutrophil count I feel bad for dropping by!!! Hopefully I didn't bring any infections with me!!!
I am totally and completely serious about bringing you meals in the hospital (I'm sure hospital food gets old fast). Or watching Lily. Or bringing you books or whatever. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Us'ens said...

Elena, Eric, Briana & Lily...wish we were closer so we could help out, but know that you are constantly in our thoughts & prayers!
If there are things that would make this easier for Elena, something we can send...to help her pass the time & "help" keep her precious little mind & body occupied, please don't hesitate to call...or drop an email. I have been trying to find some cute jammies...but don't know if pj's, gowns, long or short are better (or more comfortable), please let me know sizes, favorite colors... I know that Grammie G is keeping her in books, DVD's, puzzles, etc., but if you can think of anything else, let us know...gosh, wish we were there to help you & Eric out...there is so much that we could do. Thought is was wonderful of Kenny & Samantha to sit with Elena while you & Eric went to get a bite to eat...I'm sure you had to TWIST their arms!! TeeHee!! We love you guys so very much. Hope that you can feel the warmth of our love, thoughts, hugs & prayers as they surround you.

The Copelands said...

we are praying for you!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06