
The steroids are finally starting to kick in. First, Elena screamed for macaroni and cheese and corn as soon as she saw the kids menu and then once the chips and salsa got there, she wouldn't eat anything else. She wouldn't even look at her macaroni or corn. But hey, that's how we roll when its steroid time. She ate her fair share of two baskets and then asked me to get more and proceeded to eat the better part of the whole third basket. :)
I guess she takes after me and Chili's chips and salsa just runs in her veins. That and leukemia- haha. :) We all sat for about twenty minutes after we finished our meals and waited for her to finish. When we left the restaurant, she cried for more food and then came home and ate some more. Oh, steroids. *****************************
There's still a few more days left of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - click here for some ideas for how you can support childhood cancer research during September and all year round!



8 comments:
wish we could have been there =0(
Sounds like you had yummy food and an interesting time... yippy skippy for steroids...
Fun! I love the t-shirts. I have to laugh about the chips and salsa. That is crazy!! I can't believe the affect steroids have on the little lady. Also laughed about the leukemia running in her veins. Good one, briana! :) we are sorry to have missed this fun evening!
PS my word verification is "damists." what do you suppose that means?
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Love the shirts :)
I am so glad that Elena's counts were high enough for you to go!
And Briana, I love your hair, the cut, the color everything :)
I love those pictures! The smiles, the chow-down-salsa faces! Also lovin' the t-shirts.
I'm so glad her counts were up (way up! wahooo!) so you guys could make it the other night. It was great to see you all!
We enjoyed being with you, loved the t-shirts, and especially the company! As for Elena's steroid behavior, isn't it nice to be able to just say, "Steriods. No problem. This will disappear as soon as the drug does," instead of the usual guilt-producing analysis that usually follows such behavior?!
She's a sweetheart, as is her entire family!
Love the shirts! Can I get one? How?? I LOVE chillies and am so sad we don't live by one anymore. Elena is so cute with those chips and salsa! I love it! Maybe we need to mix her and Maren together as far as appetite! Maren won't eat a thing! Maren was just asking about Elena today. She talks about her a lot, as do the boys. We love you guys!
That picture of your family is so cute! I'm really glad you guys were able to go and sad we didn't join you. I'm really glad that Elena's doing so much better on the steroids this time around. Hope it continues!
Post a Comment