Friday, December 3, 2010

A reminder

In case anyone out there needs this today, like I do...

"In speaking of mothers generally, I especially wish to praise and encourage young mothers. The work of a mother is hard, too often unheralded work. The young years are often those when either husband or wife -or both- may still be in school or in those earliest and leanest stages of developing the husband's breadwinning capacities. Finances fluctuate daily between low and nonexistent.... Through these years, mothers go longer on less sleep and give more to others with less personal renewal for themselves than any other group I know at any other times in life. It is not surprising when the shadows under their eyes vaguely resemble the state of Rhode Island... Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones."

-Jeffrey R. Holland

To read the whole (excellent) talk, "Because She Is a Mother", you can go here.

6 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Did you post this for me? I loved this talk. Thank you!

Christy said...

i loved this talk. thank you!

Anna said...

this talk hits the spot. thanks for posting............off to clean the pee off the toilet seat only for it to be disgusting again in a couple of hours.

Joseph & Shaylee said...

I used blurb.com for my blog book, it is relatively well priced and I had lots of choices as well as a lot of creative control. I LOVE my blog book!

I am so happy that Elena is in maintenance! Hopefully she will continue being the trooper she is. You guys are awesome, I love the snowman on the window!

I have no travel advice, having never traveled with kids. I say pack well, and don't forget your camera. And enjoy every minute, you so deserve a vacation.

Lisa said...

perfect. and so, so true.

lea said...

I LOVE this talk, and have read it a lot in times of trial. Its so encouraging. Theres a "Mormon Messages" video on the church website about mothers thats awesome also...you should watch. Its been a few months ago that I watched it, so hopefully its still on.

Thanks for your comments on my blog...I love the feedback.


Thanks for sharing!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06