We are home from the most magical week ever.
Not only was it beyond fun and totally fabulous, it was a very healing week for us. For a whole week we didn't have to worry about anything - no doctors, hospitals, cooking, cleaning, school, or even thinking about money. Everything was taken care of and we just got to have the time of our lives. We got first class treatment in everything we did and were surrounded by the most loving, compassionate people all week. The only way I can describe my feelings about the week is to say that it just felt like people from all over the world were giving my family a gigantic hug all week. It was incredible. One of our cancer friends, Amanda, said in describing their Make A Wish trip experience that the theme of the week was her crying. I totally get that now. From the first night we arrived at the village, I felt like crying about every two minutes :) - out of gratitude, joy, and disbelief at all the incredible things people were doing for us. And best of all, we got to see Elena acting totally alive again - she was all lit up and happy like we haven't seen her since before she was diagnosed almost 10 months ago.
I have about a million and one posts worth of pictures and memories and stories to do. I also have about a million and one "getting back to real life" things to do - unpacking, cleaning, bills, laundry, paperwork, doctor's appointments, catching up on all your blogs :), errands, thank you notes, etc. :) So, bear with me. I will get the whole story out, piece by piece, over the next little while. Be excited. :)
15 comments:
Yay!!! We are so excited for the many posts! Welcome home!
hip hip hooray! i can't wait for all the details and pictures! this first one is so cute. elena looks so happy! welcome back, welcome back!
Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm glad y'all had fun!
Sorry to hear about the "plague", but so happy to hear that fun was had by all...lots of relaxation, etc. You all deserve it!!
Have been checking every few minutes for the "princess" blog! Now, will keep checking for the pics & the rest of the story!! Welcome home!! Love to all of you!
Yay! I'm so glad the trip was magical. Welcome home!
Can't wait to hear about it. Elena looks truly happy in that picture.
I am excited!! Just reading this made me get all emotional! Can't wait to hear all the rest!
Oh, I am excited! I talked to Grandma Hoffman on Friday and she asked if I'd talked to you guys at all during the week. I said no and we both agreed we wished we could be there- just to watch Elena's reactions! I am so glad you guys were given this trip! And I can't wait to hang out after all the sickness is gone!
welcome home!!!!!
the picture that you posted is so wonderful and your right she looks like it was a dream come true. i can't wait to hear all about it. I am so grateful to all who made this possible. i love you all.
I love that picture! Elena looks so truly joyous! I've been thinking about you guys, hoping you were having the time of your lives, and am so glad that you did! I'm so happy for you all!
Yay! I am so excited to hear all about it! I'm glad it was such a good experience for you all, and I couldn't help but cry at your description. It sounds so sweet, and was definitely well-deserved!
Yay! I'm so glad you guys got to go! What a wonderful blessing! Can't wait to hear more!
WAHOO!!! I'm so anxious to hear about it all! She is SO excited in that picture, I can only imagine the magic she felt there. So great. Good luck getting back into the swing of things!!
Love the picture, and can't wait to see the rest! I'm sorry Eric was sick :( But it sounds like you had a great time in spite of it. You deserved it and needed it.
Millie and I can't wait to see all your pictures!
Post a Comment