The Saturday after her birthday, we had family and several of Elena's little friends over for a "Rapunzel's Golden Hair Party" to celebrate Elena's golden birthday. It was my first attempt at any sort of a themed, "friend" party.... and well... it was a first attempt. :) Usually I just tell people to come over and that I'll bake some cupcakes. And I usually just about forget to bake the cupcakes. Ha. But Elena was really excited about the idea of a birthday party this year and she had the guest list and cake flavor (chocolate) planned long in advance. So we jumped right in. Many thanks to my wonderful mom for all of her help.... because we all know (don't you know by now?) that I was not blessed with creative awesomeness. Hopefully everyone had fun!
The invitations

Some of the decorations. The decor was actually pretty cool - where is my professional photographer to follow me around and document my life when I need them?! :) I forgot to pick up the camera for the majority of the party... too bad.
(If anyone wants to use a BUNCH of "Tangled" banners, we made a ton and I have nothing to do with them now. I'd love to see them get put to good use.)
We had several activities for the kids - making their own lanterns, making bracelets out of these shrinky-dink "Tangled" charms:
And "Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn Rider"
Elena decided to start the party off - not with games- but in true Elena fashion with a lengthy speech that consisted of her quoting a lot of the movie, Tangled, to her guests.
After a little while, she decided she needed to get the full-out Rapunzel hair going.
And to see the awesome Rapunzel cupcakes my mom made, you have to watch this video because I forgot to take a picture. :)
Presents...
Elena deemed it "a fancy birthday". She said she got lots of "fancy" stuff - a boa, fairy wings, a paper fan, and the awesome crocheted/knitted (? remember how I'm not crafty or creative??) braids pictured below.
Elena and Daphne (one of her cute little cancer friends and the giver of the crocheted braids)
Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us and thanks for all the wonderful gifts!
9 comments:
Cute, cute, cute. And has she discovered Fancy Nancy yet?
It was wonderful and you did an amazing job! Thanks so much for inviting us. It was Daphne's first time attending a friend's birthday party and she was so excited!
Happy Birthday Elena!
My kids are still talking about that party. It was like the closest thing they've experienced to Disneyland. Thanks for inviting us! Hooray for Elena being 4!
P.S. Her speech was to die for. (as in super cool as well as long enough that someone could easily be dead by the end:)).
Oh man! What a great party! Elena is so funny--she just makes me laugh thinking about that she decided to start her party off with a speech addressing her guests!
I loved your golden hair theme for her golden birthday!
It looks like you guys did a great job!
So wish I could have been there! It looks like great fun and super creative!
Oh my goodness! What a cute party. You are SUPER talented. Kudo's to throwing one of the cutest little girl birthday parties I have ever seen!
Anna: she loves Fancy Nancy! (or as she says, "Fancy Antsy" :)). They are pretty cute little books.
so cute!!! i must say, i've seen quite a few rapunzel parties in the blogosphere, but yours definitely takes the cake! the banners are so cute, and i love the pin the frying pan on flynn rider game! and how cute is that hair her little buddy gave her?!? now she's all set for halloween! way to go, briana!
ps- sophie's looking with me and very sad she didn't get to go to the party. :(
Christy: Elena was super sad Sophie couldn't come! She was one of the first people she listed off for her guest list and she looked pretty shattered when I told her that Sophie lived too far away to come. :)
Post a Comment