Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two!

Our little Lils is two today!

I can hardly believe how the time has flown with Lily! She is extraordinary. And completely wonderful. It's hard to imagine a more delightful, sweet, tender little girl than our Lily. I say that totally sincerely - not in boasting- but just in absolute awe. I am floored daily by this special little person who was sent to our family at exactly the right time. Whether it's her sweet, high pitched little voice "making her dollies talk", watching her copy Elena's every move, meeting her enthusiastic run and hug at the door to welcome you home, listening to her walk around the house talking to herself, watching her restraint when she's upset and wants to hit, but holds her hand back, grinning at the lovely little curls at the bottom of her hair, enjoying her snuggles, or watching her learn a hundred new things a day - she is an absolute joy.

I don't know how else to communicate the wonderfulness of Lily. Yes, there are moments when she won't sit still during family scripture study and prayer (like 6 out of 7 nights a week) or when she has just taken highlighter to the couch or when she throws food on the floor when she's in her highchair and I'm exasperated. She is definitely a toddler. But for every one of those few moments, there are a thousand other moments that make up for them. Lily's sweet little spirit has been such an incredible blessing for our family over the last two years. She has saved me many times. I love her more than I can say.

Happy Birthday, Baby!

7 comments:

Us'ens said...

How very precious!!
A HUGE, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LilyBug!!
Hope she is feeling much better after her ordeal with Mr. Peanut!!
Please give her our love & lots of snuggly hugs (I'm sure that won't be a problem to fulfill!).
Wish we could see everyone more often!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy birthday to our sweet lilput'
You are indeed a blessing to our whole family. Grammie and granpappy love you gobs and can't wait to come see you! Have a wonderful birthday sweet girl.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Lily!! It's hard to believe she's already 2!!

Amy said...

Lily is among the sweetest children I've ever met. She is so good at cuddling and giving me those big grins (with her nose just a tab scrunched). I love her. And Maggie is all over that lunch date!

Liz said...

Lily truly is a blessing to you and to all our family. What a sweet dolly she is--besides being adorably cute!

Ashley Elliott Photography said...

can't believe she's two! That means Lucy will be hitting that bench mark here soon! She looks like quite the cutie and so full of personality!

Christy said...

happy birthday, lily! she is the cutest little lady-- we miss spending time with her like we were able to when living in the SLC. all those times babysitting her really made us fall in love with miss lily! i really can't believe she's already two. maddening.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06