It's time to get back in the blogging saddle. There are still lots of boxes to be unpacked, doctors to be found, and projects to be checked off the list. But the house is functional (meaning the kitchen and bathrooms are at least 80% unpacked and organized, the beds are made, the livingroom is 95% set up, and most of our clothes are hanging in the closet) and a whole lot of life has happened in the last month or so that needs to be documented. So here goes! We'll start with "life B.A."(Before Arizona) because it really feels like we left one life and started an entirely new one down here. Kind of exciting, kind of really strange. Then we'll hit "life I.A." (In Arizona) and then we'll hopefully be caught up to life "currently".
GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric turned in the official copy of his Master's Project and finished his last final on Tuesday. We were deep in packing, cleaning, making phone calls and tying up loose ends all the way up until Commencement on Thursday. Things weren't even close to being finished, but we paused, showered, and made our way over to the Marriott Center. My SIL, Amy, had taken our girls (for pretty much the whole week - bless her) and so I was able to sit quietly and really soak in the Commencement Exercises. Best. Idea. Ever. :)
The Master - all dressed up and ready to go.
His finery from the back - I think it's so nifty!
Eric is somewhere in the general vicinity of that arrow.
Eric's sister, Julie, graduated with her bachelor's in Elementary Education, as well!
I am one proud wife!!
Pondering with all that cute knowledge he has now. :)
We took some more time out of the moving madness to go to Convocation on Friday (where Eric actually walked and had his name read), this time with Elena and Lily in tow.
Walking and getting his name read
Officially graduated or officially being a creeper? ;) He looks like some sort of dark lord or ring wraith, no?
That's better. Officially graduated! Such a fine looking Master. :)
And then came some jumping pictures for good measure.
The graduates
More jumping - there was much to celebrate.
So proud of daddy!
And here's what we look like on the other end of those 11 years.
Amy and Julie showing off their respective accomplishments of the moment :)
Eric and his parents
The whole crew who came for graduation.
And let's say it a few more times because I don't think it can be said enough - he's done, he's done, he's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made it!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


11 comments:
YAY! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys, a first last and graduation and a new start. Way to go :)
Until he decides he wants to go for a Ph.D :)
Congratulations guys!! That's so awesome!!
HOORAY MASTER ERIC! so so exciting you guys! love all the pictures. you can truly see the happiness in your faces. good for you. here's to the rest of your carefree-weekend-filled life!!
Congrats. Very exciting. Very very exciting. You guys have earned some carefree weekends for sure!!!!
(Can I say how jealous I am....Rob STILL has to study ALL the time. Ugh. Never ever let anyone you know become a doctor. It's just not right.)
Congrats to Eric and your family! That is super exciting!
Haha, I kinda feel like I was there cause I am pretty sure you are rocking my grey pencil skirt and (maybe, can't tell for sure) AE stripped button up shirt! Looking good!!
Samantha: ha! i totally am. that pencil skirt is like the greatest article of clothing ever. unfortunately it's getting too big now and i want to cry because it is soooo cute and i don't have anything to replace it. oh well. :) thanks for all the cute clothes! ;)
Congratulations!!! So exciting. Sometimes I think about going back to school and I remember the tests and projects and homework and...it's really nice to be free! Enjoy!
I am seriously so thrilled for your whole family! Being done with school is the BEST! Especially once you've entered that married with kids stage of life, right? Holy cow. Don't you just look back and wonder how it all came together? I knwo we did many times. Congratulations to both of you!
Such a great day! I'm so proud of you both and all you accomplished!
Congrats to you Eric, what an accomplishment in light of what you guys have gone thru!! And, of course, to the whole family...you were in it together!!
Here's to your new job, home, STATE, and the new ADVENTURE!! Isn't that what life is about...the learning & adventure!
Love you guys!
There were a whole lot of explanations in that blog, and they were so FREAKING needed! Holy smokes! I am so happy for you two-you deserve to start this no chapter. NO MORE SCHOOL!!!!
Post a Comment