Finally, the end! :) It's only taken me like a month and a half.
Saturday morning we all slept in which was most excellent. Then Eric and Rob went out to Greengo and the ladies hung out at home. We ate breakfast, watched a movie, worked out, did some baking, and then Aunt Julie pulled out her nail polish and trimmings and held a little salon for the girls. Elena got to dress Julie up, pick out her accessories and then she did some of her own dressing up with Julie's shoes, scarves, necklaces, headbands, etc. Then Julie painted and bedazzled both of the girls' nails. They were super excited!
For the next few weeks, Lily took great pride in pointing out, "My Piggies!"
We wrapped up the day with dinner and games at Eric's parents house and more games back at the Lee's. It was a great, relaxing end to such a fun trip.
Sunday morning, we loaded up the car and set off for home. Remember how the whole state of Utah was on fire?
Or so it seemed. :) On the way we saw two or three fires, which made for a total of about seven new fires we saw just during our week in Utah! It was crazy!
We made a few hour detour to Bryce Canyon National Park on our way south. The temptation was just too much driving within such close range of so many National Parks. I'm so glad we decided to go. I'd never been to Bryce Canyon and it was absolutely gorgeous! The red rock and green trees made for a stunning combination.
Driving in
We only had time and means to do an abbreviated version of the scenic drive, but decided that we must come back again and do some hiking and camping. That is the way to really see Bryce.
Farview and Agua Canyon
Natural Bridge
Eric did the girls' hair that morning and apparently he told Elena something about her crazy ponytail being "snipe" hair. She called herself a snipe all day. :)
Pretty pretty
Inspiration Point (I think...)
We let our ninas release their wiggles (I love you if you got that quote) with a few good walks around some of the scenic lookouts.
Another view - I think from Sunset Point. We = need to hike in there.
Enjoying the view and some car-seat free time.
We tore ourselves away from beautiful Bryce and hit the road again. It was a nice way to break up the trip. Shortly after we crossed over the Arizona border, we saw the most lovely sunset.
I love this little rock outcropping you drive through a few hours out of Flagstaff - it opens up to a beautiful panoramic view below which was especially beautiful at sunset.
That is one thing Arizona is very good at - pretty sunsets. Desert sunsets are a thing to behold.
So, there you have it. The end of our wonderful trip to Utah. Thanks to all who played a part in making it so great!


4 comments:
So beautiful! It sounds like such a fantastic trip and makes me yearn for southern Utah. I do love me some Bryce! Glad you got to enjoy it.
Love Bryce! It's like another world. I'm glad you stopped and saw it. Love the girls' piggies, and I love that Julie let them dress up in her stuff. What a great aunt! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures and memories. Such a great time!
I'm so thankful for the blogs. I love the pictures...and there's nothing like s.Utah. Love you all!
how fun that you took a detour to bryce! we should do that sometime. it's just that the drive is so stinking long anyway... but if you did it, we can do it! yes. i'm not going to be able to show sophie these pictures. she will be all kinds of jealous of elena and lily's primping at julie's. :)
Post a Comment