
Well, my life lately has gone a lot like this: get 10 hours of sleep the night before, get up and do stuff for maybe 4 or 5 hours, then be wiped out and take a 4-6 hour nap, then get up for 2 or 3 hours and then go to bed. That's one of the only lingering pregnancy symptoms I have at the moment - fatigue- and while it is ten million times better than being sick, it does get a bit annoying. Oh well, at least I like naps! Well anyways, now that you know what a typical day has been for me, you have the background information necessary to appreciate the rest of the story.
Yesterday was another such day. Except my husband was freaking awesome! (Well he always is, but especially so yesterday.) After Eric got home around noon he listened to me blabber on about colorguard and offered advice for about an hour and a half. Then I promptly fell asleep until 6:00 p.m. When I woke up, he walked out of the room and I said, "Where are you going?" He replied, "To get your bath ready." ??????? That sounded intriguing. So, I rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom, where my cute husband was filling up the bathtub for me and had lit candles all around - just so I could take a nice relaxing bath. Then he walked out of the room and again I asked, "Where are you going?" He replied, "To get dinner ready." ???????? That sounded awesome as my head was still filled with sleep and woes for sleeping away another day and I hadn't even thought about dinner yet.
Eric, being the cutie that he is, wanted everything to be perfect and after checking the bath water and discovering that it was only lukewarm, he cried out in dismay. So, he proceeded to boil 6 pots of water to add to the bath in order to make it warm. Then he cooked dinner while I soaked away in a nice warm bath. Dinner was delicious and kicked the pants off of anything that I have cooked here recently.
So, there you have it - the story of my wonderful husband. He should be sick to death of me sleeping all the time and have no sympathy for me. But, instead he did all those nice things to take care of me and to pamper his "poor pregnant wife". What a good guy! He always listens to me, is interested in what I have to say, is sooooo thoughtful and kind, and does nice things for me when I don't deserve them. Husbands are awesome!
-Briana
Yesterday was another such day. Except my husband was freaking awesome! (Well he always is, but especially so yesterday.) After Eric got home around noon he listened to me blabber on about colorguard and offered advice for about an hour and a half. Then I promptly fell asleep until 6:00 p.m. When I woke up, he walked out of the room and I said, "Where are you going?" He replied, "To get your bath ready." ??????? That sounded intriguing. So, I rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom, where my cute husband was filling up the bathtub for me and had lit candles all around - just so I could take a nice relaxing bath. Then he walked out of the room and again I asked, "Where are you going?" He replied, "To get dinner ready." ???????? That sounded awesome as my head was still filled with sleep and woes for sleeping away another day and I hadn't even thought about dinner yet.
Eric, being the cutie that he is, wanted everything to be perfect and after checking the bath water and discovering that it was only lukewarm, he cried out in dismay. So, he proceeded to boil 6 pots of water to add to the bath in order to make it warm. Then he cooked dinner while I soaked away in a nice warm bath. Dinner was delicious and kicked the pants off of anything that I have cooked here recently.
So, there you have it - the story of my wonderful husband. He should be sick to death of me sleeping all the time and have no sympathy for me. But, instead he did all those nice things to take care of me and to pamper his "poor pregnant wife". What a good guy! He always listens to me, is interested in what I have to say, is sooooo thoughtful and kind, and does nice things for me when I don't deserve them. Husbands are awesome!
-Briana
5 comments:
Well, Ryan it was not my intention to have anyone except my wife be party to this day's events and since I just now saw this post I will have to get on Briana about posting it. (When she wakes up!) I seem to remember a similiar post on Amy's blog which after reading led my wife to ask why I wasn't so cool.
-Eric
I am soooo glad to know that you (Eric) are taking good care of you (Briana)! I can't take a bath for 4 more weeks (it's a rule after you have a baby) but I will definitely remind Ryan about the candles and boiling water in a month! Love to you both!
that is just about the cutest thing i've ever heard of. maybe you should casually mention this intriguing idea to tom as he is not a fellow blogger...
Briana just remember how wonderful he is when and "if" he does something not so wonderful (as if that would ever happen). Anyway sweetie, remember it takes a lot of energy to grow a baby. So sleep when ever you can, even after "he" gets here.
Eric, could you please nudge your father-in-law in the romance dept. Your mother-in-law would really be eternally grateful.(maybe even promise to make you sandwiches
"my" way whenever I'm around) ;0)
Ah, Eric, I'm so proud! Love you:)
Post a Comment