So, this blog is about a bunch of random stuff (please see title).
Crazy Preggo Dreams
Well, I have had a lot of weird dreams since I've been pregnant, as is common. The night before last I had one that was so vivid and lifelike, I wasn't sure if I was still pregnant when I woke up. Lately, I have been doing a lot of thinking and researching about labor, what to expect during childbirth, epidurals, etc, etc, etc., so I think that is what might have triggered this dream. I dreamt that I was in labor, at the hospital, and I was doing all right. In my dream I didn't really hurt any worse than the contractions that I have already been having in real life. Mostly, it was just a lot of work and I felt tired. So, I had this really vivid dream experiencing labor and labor wasn't so bad. I didn't even need an epidural! Hooray. (Lately, I've been kind of feeling not too excited about the whole epidural thing - I guess something that will probably disappear instantly when I am actually in labor and feeling the pain.) In the dream, I remember that after being in labor for a while, the doctor told me that it was time to push and get the baby out. I thought, "okay.... but I'm really tired", so Eric helped to hold me up since I was so tired, and then I had the baby. Piece of cake really. Compared to what I was expecting. The weird thing was that this dream was so lifelike - I could feel things, think things, etc. Well, then the dream got a little weird. I was totally fine after having the baby and didn't really need to recover. I got up and was walking around and talking to people. Also, I was really skinny right after delivery (HAH! YEAH RIGHT! I wish.) It was really nice. I was so excited at how well everything was going. In my dream I was thinking "All right! Let's do this again. That wasn't so bad - and I get to be instantly skinny!" Well, shortly after that Eric and I left the hospital, but the baby didn't come with us. For some reason it stayed at the hospital and Eric and I went back to my parent's house. We were staying at their house and the next day I thought, "Hey, I would like to go visit my baby." So, Eric, my mom, my little sister, and I all headed out to the car to visit the baby at the hospital. As we were walking out to the car, I was thinking, "I want to bring my baby home. Why is it staying at the hospital?" And then I remembered that we didn't have a car seat and the hospital wouldn't let us take the baby home unless we had a car seat. I started to panic because we really didn't have the money for a carseat at that time and wouldn't for another week or so. But I wanted my baby. Then we got to the car and I opened the door and there was a carseat sitting in the seat -- with our baby sitting in it. Apparently my mom had gotten us a car seat as a surprise and also picked up the baby. Weird. Well, then my dream fastforwarded to a little later. I was in some weird house with the baby and Eric was at work. I was just sitting holding the baby and looking at it. Then I looked closer and I realized that the baby was wearing these little pants/undie type of things that said, "Its a boy! What??? I looked closer and then realized that the baby was a boy - not a girl like it was supposed to be! I got really mad. I didn't want a boy, I wanted a girl. I didn't have boys things, I had girls clothes. Why hadn't they told me that it was a boy in the hospital? "Stupid Ultrasoundographer! He's never been wrong with a baby's gender -- until now! And it had to be our baby!" Well, then I started to calm down and little and think, well I guess its good that we tried to stay neutral with colors for things like the car seat and swing and such. I also thought, "hey, Eric will be really excited since it is a boy." Then, I called Eric on the phone at work and started telling him about how our baby was really a boy and how mad I was. Then the dream ended. It was very strange. When I woke up, I realized that it was just a dream and that I was still pregnant. Then I felt really relieved that it was just a dream and we are having a girl (well.....as far as we know) ;) I don't know why I got so mad about having a boy in the dream. It was really weird. Anyways, the whole thing was very interesting. It was weird, but kind of exciting to have a dream about labor that was so real. But even though labor will not be that easy, I think the dream helped me in a way. I always imagine things and work them up to be way worse than they usually are. So, I think it was good to have an experience with labor that wasn't that bad - even if it was only a dream. Maybe it helped me to chill out a little. Anyways, craziness.
The Final Countdown
Just a reminder: 9 weeks and counting baby! Duh, duh, dahhhhhhhhhh! We're in the single digits.
Some News
Eric received and accepted an offer from his employer, Brycon, to go on salary and work full time. So, starting in a little less than two weeks, he will officially switch over. This means a couple of things: 1. Eric is awesome! 2. He will be switching to going to school part-time and slightly extending the time it will take for him to finish school. 3. We are moving (99% positive. We want to be somewhere closer to where we both work - for time and gas sake.) We are not quite sure where, but are looking at a few places in the North Orem area. 4. Depending on how things work out, we may be buying a place! Yay for building equity. We are still crunching numbers and looking at options. But, we will keep everyone updated.
-Briana
I Do Now
2 days ago
2 comments:
thanks for the update! i'm so excited that you guys are getting so close to having your baby too! 9 weeks, that's nothing! especially since you could have it even earlier. that was a pretty crazy dream though. i hope: 1. my labor is that easy, 2. i am instantly skinny, and 3. we do not have to leave the baby at the hospital! ha ha.
congrats to you guys on accepting the job! that is so awesome. and so great that you might be buying a place. i can't wait for the time when we are in that position (it'll be a while thanks to dental school). anyway, let me know if you find any good deals in orem while you're looking. we are still looking for a place, hopefully in provo but orem wouldn't be too bad. love you guys!
But when you guys are done with dental school you are getting to be bajillionaires! And then you can buy 5 houses. :) How are you feeling? We are so excited for you to have the baby! Keep us updated.
We have been researching apartments as well as houses... I have quite a list - in Provo and Orem. I'm not exactly sure about what you are looking for, but I will e-mail you my list of possibilities. Also, if we go look at any of them, I will tell you if they are any good or not. Like I said before, we don't know if the buying thing is actually going to work out... but the places we have been looking at lately, once we received final figures, are mostly 3 bedroom townhouses/condos. So, if we do end up doing something like that and you guys need a transition place to stay for a little bit - you are more than welcome. We can have a babyfest! :)
-Briana
Post a Comment