Well, yesterday I started packing. I packed up most of the living room, most of the bathroom, and a bit of our second bedroom and hall closet. It has been pretty fun actually. We don't close on our house for another week and then we still have another week and a half after that until we need to be out of our apartment. First off, this takes away the stressful, we-don't-have-enough-time-throw-it-in-a-box feel that moving usually has. I can start packing and then when I am tired of it - take a break for a little while. Secondly, this is giving us the opportunity to take our time and reorganize and dejunk as we pack. Its kind of like Christmas - going through your things and finding items that you'd forgotten where they were. And all of this reorganizing and inventory taking has been fulfilling my "nesting" urges. I've been feeling really restless lately and been wanting to get everything organized before the baby comes.

Look at our gigantic stack of boxes just waiting to be filled.


Yesterday, we sold our dishwasher to the new tenants who will be taking our apartment. At that moment, I got a bit sad and sentimental. You're probably thinking, "What a weird time to get sentimental!" But, I've grown quite attached to that dishwasher. Eric got it for me for my birthday and it has been my joy. Not having a dishwasher was torture - washing all of our dishes by hand took a huge chunk of time. Since I got my dishwasher, doing the dishes is a small task. Also, I get to hear the soft purr of the running dishwasher in the background and there is just something about that sound that is very fulfilling to me as a housekeeper and homemaker. I love my dishwasher! (Heavy sigh!) Well.... its time to move on.

THERE IT IS - MY BEAUTIFUL DISHWASHER
Today it kind of hit me that we won't be renting anymore. While I'm excited out of my mind and so happy to be done with that, I got a little nervous when I was finally struck by the fact that it isn't going to be an easy matter of moving to a different place in a year or two if we wanted or needed to. We are buying a house in Eagle Mountain and we better be happy in Eagle Mountain because we are going to be there for at least 5 years. It was funny thinking about that. I haven't really thought of my future life in chunks of time that big for a while. Lately, I've just been thinking (for the most part) a year or two out. Today, I thought, "By the time we are ready to move again, Elena is going to be five years old. By then we'll have another child and maybe one more on the way." It was kind of strange trying to picture myself and our family with our much older children in that house. So, we're doing kind of a permanent thing - we're settling down a bit more. Hmmm... its a new feeling, but I think I like it. I'm just a little nervous. I hope we like things out there.
Last night though, I was also struck by the thought that we have been really blessed and well taken care of. In a way, its kind of nice to be sad to leave the place you are in because you have liked it so much. That is a blessing. So far all the places we have lived have been great places for us that we have loved. I know that everything will be great and work out in this next place because Heavenly Father watches over us and is so good to us.
Well, anyways, this has been an insanely long post. Sorry. I just need to pause and take a moment every once in a while to vent some of my sentimental feelings - especially when I am moving - I get crazily sentimental and sad and nervous and excited. Hooray for exciting changes. We will keep this updated with pictures of our new place as they come.
-Briana
p.s. 6 more weeks until baby time!
6 comments:
yay!! congratulations you guys! we're so excited to see your new place. how far away is eagle mountain, anyway? that is so crazy to think about you guys being there for at least five years, and all the change that will come while you are living there. it's weird to realize you're "growing up" if you know what I mean. i don't blame you for being sentimental, i always get sentimental when there's change also. good luck with the moving and we are so excited to see you guys so very soon!
Thanks Christy. Eagle Mountain is about 10 minutes west of Lehi. So, you get off the freeway at Lehi and then drive down Lehi Main st., pass Saratoga Springs and then you hit Eagle Mountain. Does that make sense? It's going to be an adventure! :) Can't wait to see you guys!
-Briana
Eric's disclaimer.
First of all about buying my wife a dishwasher for her birthday. She likes it so it wasn't a stupid birthday present. She takes pictures of it, and blogs about it. Next I will get her a garbage disposal if I feel like it. Gosh.
Eagle Mountian is somewhat far away from provo/springville, but we will be saving a considerable amount of money in gas getting to work, so it is our pleasure to inform our friends that we will be passing that savings on to those who will visit us. We will have a jar containing money to help with gas, so there are no excuses for not visiting. That and we will have a pool for you to party in free of charge. So please come visit. It isn't below us to pay you to come!
we'll TOTALLY come visit you guys, no worries. you don't even have to pay us... although i'm glad that's not below you... just feed us some good briana cookin' and i'm happy. :)
Thanks for making me laugh this morning, Eric! I love you! We're also excited to see this new place!
I have to vent my sentimental feelings every once in a while too Briana. But the sentiment is usually attached to a weapon or something ubermanly.
Post a Comment