1. I ate a worm. When I was about 8 or 9, my mom bet me $10 that I wouldn't eat a worm. I told her I would. One day when my family was out in the back gardening, my dad found me a nice earthworm and I took it in the house, washed it off, put it in the middle of a jelly sandwich and ate it! Pretty gross, huh? I still can't believe I did it. But I guess $10 is a lot when you are a little kid. I bought a swimsuit with my ten dollars.
2. My favorite color is yellow. Yellow is such a beautiful, happy color.
3. At the beginning of every month, as close as possible to midnight of the first day, I say "rabbit, rabbit" to bring good luck for the rest of the month. Is that the weirdest thing you have ever heard? I saw it on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. It was this random fact thing they were doing and it said to make that the first thing you say on the first day of the month and it will bring you good luck for the month. I don't really believe in luck, so I don't know why I do it.... just a silly obsessive-compulsive superstition I guess.
4. My secret dream jobs are: being on Broadway and being a great chef. These really are only dream jobs because both would require a ton more talent, a ton more training, and a different life style than I have now. Nonetheless that's what they are. Luckily, I can still dabble a little in both of those areas while being a wife, mother, and homemaker because those last jobs are what I truly love and what really fulfill me. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
5. My favorite weather is rainy, overcast, and cool. I absolutely live for days like that.
There is something so exhilarating about a cloudy, rainy day that just makes you want to live. I love it! It is beautiful. I guess this love could be attributed to the fact that I was born and spent a lot of my childhood in Oregon. My sister is the same way. However, my parents would argue that reasoning because they lived in Oregon longer than either of us did and they hate rain. Who knows?
There is something so exhilarating about a cloudy, rainy day that just makes you want to live. I love it! It is beautiful. I guess this love could be attributed to the fact that I was born and spent a lot of my childhood in Oregon. My sister is the same way. However, my parents would argue that reasoning because they lived in Oregon longer than either of us did and they hate rain. Who knows? 6. Before Eric and I got engaged, we never actually talked straight out about getting married. Its true. There were vague references and things were implied. But we never actually sat down and talked about getting married, wanting to marry each other, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I mean, I knew that I wanted to marry him and I was pretty sure that he wanted to marry me, but it was never brought up in the open. I think that is part of why I was so completely blown away and surprised when he proposed. I thought that was a couple of months down the road. I thought, "Hey, we haven't even talked about getting married - there's no way we're getting engaged yet." Well, you know, as I was writing this, I just remembered that about half an hour before Eric proposed, he did actually say something about wanting to marry me. I thought I would die of happiness - I'd been waiting for him to say something like that. But, that was the first time. Half an hour before he proposed. But, you know, I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Don't get me wrong, I mean, I knew that I wanted to marry him and I was pretty sure that he wanted to marry me, but it was never brought up in the open. I think that is part of why I was so completely blown away and surprised when he proposed. I thought that was a couple of months down the road. I thought, "Hey, we haven't even talked about getting married - there's no way we're getting engaged yet." Well, you know, as I was writing this, I just remembered that about half an hour before Eric proposed, he did actually say something about wanting to marry me. I thought I would die of happiness - I'd been waiting for him to say something like that. But, that was the first time. Half an hour before he proposed. But, you know, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

7 comments:
I'm totally with you on the cloudy day thing, I loves them. I don't think the rabbit rabbit thing is too wierd I kind of sort of (but not really at all) alittle bit believe in luck. And finally is there anyone else besides me who would like to argue with Briana about not having the Talent to be a chef or a Broadway star? I'm not talking training here but talent.
well thanks Ryan! you make feel like I'm not too quirky of a person! :)
My wife is the hottest girl on the second floor. And a goose. Definitely could be chef of broadway singer or anything else she wanted to be. I am very happy she chose to be my wife, and puts that first. I also had to give up dreams of being a cage fighter.
you ate a worm?? briana i never would have guessed that you were the type to do such a thing. :) tom's favorite color is also yellow... interesting...mostly because it's one of the only ones he can see. :)
Christy: hehehe.... funny Tom!
Bsbe: Thanks for giving up cage fighting for me!
Your rabbit thing kind of reminds me of the "First star I see tonight" ritual I did when I was a little girl. I don't remember it now, but sometimes when I see a lonely star in the sky, I think about it and wish I could remember. It's not about luck, it's about tradition and feeling nostaligic.
As for Eric not talking about marriage before the moment, you have to understand that he is his father's son. And that's the way we did it back in the day! Eric's a romantic and I'm sure he wanted that element of surprise. Anyway, we'd not said the 'm' word before Dad pulled out a ring on temple square and said those magical words--"Would this make you happier?" Come to think of it, he didn't use that word then either!
And yes, Ryan, Briana definitely has the talent to be a Broadway star or famous chef. We're just lucky that she's chosen to be a star in our family!
You're awesome. I pretty much dido what everyone else wrote. You've got talent... you're weird for eating a worm... etc. It's so funny to me that you and Eric never talked about getting married before the proposal(just cause Ry and I did it the other way) but I think it's excellent. I remember Eric talking about proposing and the two of you hadn't even said I love you yet. I don't think I said anything to him... but I was like "she's going to be so shocked and turn him down!" I was worried for him. But I guess I underestimated his ability to communicate love in other ways than just words. To my brother the romantic!
Post a Comment