At almost 6 weeks (tomorrow!), Elena is smiling tons! We are guaranteed smiles right after her diaper change when she wakes up in the morning (she just lays on the floor smiling, gurgling, and wiggling), right after she has eaten (that is if she doesn't fall asleep first), and at several other random happy, alert times during the day. She loves it when Eric plays with her and tickles her mouth with her binky. That is when we get the most smiles.
I can't believe how alert she is - and how she really has been ever since she was born. She already seems so smart and bright and happy. It amazes me. I am SO blessed with such a good baby. She is so patient, calm, and happy. She's also very forgiving - just today, as I was picking her up, I accidentally scratched her leg a little bit and she just made a little sad noise and then calmed down right away. I felt so bad, but luckily she's patient with me! A good trait for the first baby who I am doing all my learning on, huh? :)
She has the most beautiful, contagious smile. (Unfortunately, these pictures don't do it justice because the dumb green ready light kept flashing in her eyes before every picture and it messed up her smiles a little bit.) Her smile is almost always a full out, open-mouthed, grin and it lights up her whole face. The thing I love the most is that she smiles with her eyes, too. There is this twinkle shining from her eyes that is the cutest mix of absolute glee, mischievousness, and laughter - that is just like her dad when he smiles. I love it.
Elena even smiles when she's asleep! She was sleeping away in the
baby swing (thanks to Cousin Jo for letting her borrow it - she loves it!) and I was snapping a few pictures of her. All of a sudden, she started smiling. It only lasted for a second, but it sure was cute. Do babies dream?
4 comments:
She is a doll! What a sweet little thing.
she is so cute! and i think she actually looks like eric in that second picture. i also wonder about the dreaming thing... because sophie also smiles and sucks in her sleep... like she's dreaming about her favorite thing--eating.
Elena is sooo beautiful! I'm glad she's enjoying the swing. Jo was glad to share (actually she doesn't even know she's sharing... she's not real smart about stuff like that:))
I thought the same thing as Christy when I looked at the second picture. Dad always says he thinks Elena looks like Briana, but I'm not so sure! Whomever, she's a dolly!
Love you.
Post a Comment