Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random Thought Tuesday: 02.19.08

Well, I saw this idea on someone else's blog.... here goes. Sorry. Read at your own risk. This is going to be VERY random.
**********************

Lately I have been feeling guilty that our blog hasn't been updated recently, so I have been sitting here for the last twenty minutes racking my brain about something to blog about.... and putting off sleep. Why have I been putting off sleep? Hmmm... I don't know. Elena finally just fell asleep. I have a little studying I should be doing, but I'm not doing that. Mostly I think the reason that I am still awake is that I have to get up at 3:30a.m. and I am so paranoid that I will sleep through my alarm and miss work that I think staying up all night is a better idea. This has been a problem of mine lately....
**********************


Has anyone seen the movie "Becoming Jane"? My sister told me about it today and said that it was kind of weird, but alright. I wonder if we should watch it?
**********************

We went to the Jazz game tonight. They won. There was a cheerleading squad from Idaho there at halftime. They were really good and all really young. By the time they get into high school/ college - they will be dang good if the keep up with it.

**********************

I love crossiants. Yum! Yum! How delightful! I would always eat crossiants instead of regular bread if, 1. they weren't so expensive and 2. I wouldn't get insanely huge.
***********************


I just realized that we have two extra tickets to the "Cougarettes in Concert" next Saturday night at 7:00p.m. in Provo. Anybody interested?


**********************

Do people ever make comments to you that make you wonder if your baby is normal? A lot of people lately have been telling me that they have children/ grandchilren close to Elena's age and that they are a lot bigger than she is. Just tonight at the Jazz game, we were sitting next to a lady who has a three month old boy and she was saying that he is like three times her size. Lately, everyone has been saying how small she is and sometimes I wonder if she is an ok size.

**********************
Lately I have been feeling this strong urge to go to Hawaii. Kind of random. I mean who doesn't want to go to Hawaii, but lately it has really been on my mind. Its probably just that I have been reading all these Hastings blogs with all their talk of Hawaii and insane beautiful Hawaiian rainstorm pictures and I get extremely jealous. Oh yeah, and its still winter here. I am so ready for winter to be over. I love it, but now it needs to be done.


7 comments:

Christy said...

i haven't seen becoming jane, but would like to, so let's do it! we also still need to have a jane eyre party... it's amazing.

and i WISH we could go to the cougarettes concert with ya'll--we're going to logan to hang out with tom's family this weekend.

and about the wierd baby comments, i think that's one universal truth, people feel the need to tell you what's wrong with your baby and/or what's wrong with your parenting. maybe they just want something to say. and in this case, they are full of crap! if i remember right, sophie was about elena's size when she was her age, and let's be honest, she is NOT small in any way shape or form, so i'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about. :)

oh, and i'm up for hawaii WHENEVER. i actually had a dream about going there last night.

how's that for random comments?

Liz said...

The Courgarettes concert sounds fun. I suspect Dad would not be so enthused, but who knows? Maybe Julie would be my date that night. Then again, maybe Julie will want a different date. Anyway, before you throw away the tickets, give me a call :)

I agree with Christy about the baby comments. Just sympathize with the lady who has a baby three times as big as Elena! Elena's beautiful and perfect. That's the best thing about getting old and having perfect children--people no longer feel the need to tell you that you're doing things wrong! Sometimes when I've told people about my parenting moments, they look at me in horror, yet I can see the wheels turning--"And yet, look how good they turned out! Should I be doing that?"

As for Hawaii--I want to come too! Maybe we could all set a goal and save our pennies to go together :)

And by the way, I think I feel about chocolate the way you feel about croissants :)

Ryan said...

I love croissants too. In Australia they still have bakeries and deli's and butchers, their grocery stores are very understocked. But they have these things called savorys at the bakeries that are croissants with ham and cheese in them or feta cheese and spinach, anyways they are amazing, I've been meaning to find out how to make them.

Briana said...

I like all of your guys random comments back to me! Good thing my post wasn't so crazy that it scared everyone away. ;)

Ryan: those "savory"s sound amazing! Party at your house when you figure out how to make them.

Christy: I was just thinking about the Jane Eyre party last night. We should plan it. Maybe for next week...?

Mom: Let's definitely save our pennies and take a family trip to Hawaii. I really am dying to go there now! And, the tickets are yours if you want them. Just let me know!

Oh and to everyone - an update on my self imposed insomnia: so I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. last night and then was so tired that I laid down to sleep for an hour. Then I overslept until 4:00. But, when I woke up, I thought it was really 5:00, so I was running around and freaking out, woke Eric up and then realized that I was ann hour off, sent Eric back to sleep, and got ready. Hmmmm... I don't think that it was such a good idea. I've got to go to bed earlier...

Anna said...

We just watched becoming Jane with Todd and Court on Saturday. It was good....but some parts weren't my fav.

Your little Elena couldn't be more perfect. Just ignore stupid people (once when I was mega pregnant with Tucker...who was a giant newborn 9lbs. 11 ozs.....a lady in the grocery store actually had the gall to ask me if my mucus plug had fallen out. EXCUSE ME!!! People are weird.)

Briana said...

Anna: Whoa.... that lady is crazy!

Liz said...

It is a weird phenomenon how people turn off the filter button when children are around (born or unborn). I'll never forget when we were in New Jersey attending Scott's wedding. We had our four oldest kids then and they were all adorable and perfectly behaved. (I'm not just saying that--they really were--not always, but that day!) So a total stranger came up to me afterwards, complimented me on the children, and then said, "And now you can stop having children."

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06