Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In Case You're Interested...

In case anybody is looking for a fun and different activity one of these Saturdays, I thought I would post the competition schedule for the Utah Winterguard Association (aka where we compete).

Saturday, February 23rd - 5:00 p.m. @ American Leadership Academy (Spanish Fork) (Lone Peak performs at 6:25 p.m.)

Saturday, March 8th - 5:00 p.m. @ Riverton High School

Saturday, March 15th - 5:00 p.m. @ American Fork High School (Lone Peak won't be at this one because we will be on tour in California competing at the WGI Regional)

Saturday, March 22nd - 5:00 p.m. @ West High School

Saturday, April 5th: State Championships - TBA (Prelims in the morning and finals in the afternoon/ evening) @ Davis High School

There are going to be a lot of great guards and, it sounds like, some pretty cool shows this year (Like, I hear Lone Peak is pretty cool...)! So, if you ever feel like coming, I can give you more information. :D

Here are some videos from last year of a couple great shows in our circuit - as a little teaser:

Urban Expressions


American Fork High School (I LOVE this show!!! Its one thing on video, but you should have seen it in person. Makes me cry.)

5 comments:

Anna said...

cool Briana, I didn't know you did that! So you are a coach, I am assuming, since you graduated and all of that ;-)

Briana said...

Yep, I'm a coach. :) But, this year I actually will be getting a chance to perform a little bit. The Circuit has put together an "Alumni Guard" that is going to be performing exhibition at State Championships. So, all of us "old people" are going to try and spin again ;)

Christy said...

i love the american fork one! so cool! although the song reminds me of the office. :) you probably haven't seen that episode, but trust me, it's funny.

ANYWAY, hopefully we can make it to one of those performances. that would be so fun!

Briana said...

yeah American Fork is pretty much amazing. Were they good when you were in high school, Christy?

Liz said...

As I recall, American Fork always cleaned up when both Jenny & Christy were involved in Color Guard.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06