
He built it so that it slopes down to that back, right corner, where there is a little tube to drain excess water. What a clever guy! :)

Now, he just needs to seal the edges with silicone and cut the trellis in half (see below), and attach it to one end and then we are ready to put soil in it and start planting.

The only downside to having to change the dimensions is that now the box is quite wide. Its now 12" wider than we had originally planned So, it is more of the main feature on our balcony, rather than something small and unobtrusive. But, we decided, oh well. Yes, its maybe not the classiest, most elegant thing we could do with our balcony. But, having this little garden is important to us and worth it. And later this summer when we start harvesting and eating all of the yummy vegetables - I don't think we will mind so much. :)
Now as an added bonus feature of today's blog: I am also posting some pictures of Elena. I was standing outside with the door open taking these pictures, when I heard the pitter patter of little hands and feet behind me and turned around to see Elena crawling around the corner to see what I was up to. (And yes, that was like the longest sentence ever.)


5 comments:
ohhhh, a garden! I love it! You'll have to keep us all posted...and the baby is mighty cute.
I seriously love that you guys are doing a garden. Especially for Emergency Prep stuff we were talking about yesterday! I just got back from the church's cannery in Lindon and they haven't had wheat for months:( sad... but Elena is super cute!
Briana didn't mention that I will be colecting the excess water to reuse.
i'm very, very impressed. way to go guys.
And I'm excited to share those yummy vegies! Now to get a few of our own planted!
Post a Comment