Here is Eric as Santa. He did a great job- the kids at the party LOVED it! They were all so wide-eyed when he walked in the room and he had a solid line of kids to sit on his lap for over an hour.

Santa and Elena.
Elena was very terrified of Eric when he came home dressed as Santa the night he got his Santa-suit. She wouldn't have anything to do with him and wouldn't let me set her down until about a good five minutes after Eric had taken off the suit. We thought she might recognize his voice and be ok. But, he had to take off his hat, wig, beard, and glasses, so that she could see all of his head and face before she would stop crying and take a look at him. Then, she slowly started to realize that it was Eric, but she still acted very annoyed at him until he was fully out of costume. The next day at the party, she still wouldn't smile at Eric, but she did let him hold her for a minute while he was dressed up. So, I guess this is as good of an "Elena and Santa" picture as we're going to get.Right after we finished decorating spritz cookies...brings back memories of decorating when I was little.

I spy with my little eye: a snowman (very creative Amy!), a green wreath with a bow (Briana's), a dove (wicked awesome, Ryan!), and a red and white swirled design that looks like a starlight peppermint! (That Eric - he's so hot right now!) Not pictured are a sacrilegious spiderweb and some intervention done on a very unfestive cookie made by my love. :)
Serious props go to Eric, Amy, and Ryan - in all my years of decorating spritz cookies, I can't ever remember such creative designs! :)The finished products - ready to be divvied up. I love Christmas baking!
Thanks to everyone who made our weekend so great!

2 comments:
I really can't blame Elena and Jo for being scarred of Eric as Santa. I was a little shaken when I saw him too:) Thanks again for the great weekend! Sorry I was all sick and lamo Saturday night. Decorating cookies was still lots of fun though:) We love living so close to you guys! And I still feel pretty rotten. But I'll call you later once I'm fully awake about watching Elena.
i loooove eric as santa. we had no santa at our ward party this year and i was severely disappointed. if only eric had been here, all would have been right.
and those cookies look YUM-my. i loved decorating those with y'all last year, wish we were there to do it again!
Post a Comment