So, as most of you know, our Christmas didn't turn out quite as planned. But, it ended up being really fun and relaxing and a chance for us to continue working on establishing our own traditions. We spent a nice Christmas Eve day at our house and running a few last minute errands. Then we headed over to Eric's parent's house that evening for dinner, caroling, and reading the Christmas story.
Christmas morning, Eric woke up at about 8 am, I slept in until 10 am, and who knows how long Elena would have slept if we hadn't have gone in at about 10:15 to wake her up! We couldn't believe it! To make it even funnier, when we went into her bedroom to wake her up, she was sleeping so soundly that she didn't even stir from our noise and the light. Usually as soon as we open the door, she pops up. But not that day! Silly girl.
Besides Elena's awesome bedhead, my favorite thing about this picture is that she is trying so hard to be asleep. We had been talking to her, given her a bottle, etc and she would not open her eyes.

I love the look on their faces!

Discovering the presents...
Eventually, she did wake up and got excited about things.
I very sneakily got Eric a finish nail gun and air compressor - he was stoked! And I have to say that I was very proud of the sweet deal I got.
Eric cut holes out of the air compressor box and made a little obstacle course for Elena. She thought it was pretty neat...
Except for the fact that her life is really hard... :)

One of Elena's favorite presents was this little ride-on/pushable car (very wisely picked out by Eric). Pushing things (shopping carts, strollers, etc) around is about her favorite thing in the world right now.
After some playing with our presents and a nice nap, we headed over to Eric's parent's again for Christmas dinner and had yummy ham, potatoes, rolls, fruit, and sparkling cider! We had a great Christmas!

4 comments:
fun! and that's hilarious that elena slept in until 10:30. you are one lucky lady. and by the way, she is looking so grown up! we need to see her.
briana! she is soooo adorable :) super super cute!
Hi Briana, I found your blog through Megan's and Arielle's blogs. I thought that if you would like to keep in touch. My husband and I have a blog too..
josephshaylee.blogspot.com
Shaylee
Soon you will be fending kids off at five a.m. Christmas morning! Hilarious that she slept so late the one day you actually look forward to her getting up!
Post a Comment