Friday, January 23, 2009

Grrrr....

So, in general, I try to leave politics and such alone on our blog, so that it can be a happy place. But today I'm going to be a little facetious and controversial (at least for my little blog world) because I'm raging and I need to get a good rant out.

Now my tax dollars are being used to fund
this.

Thanks a lot, Obama.

I know this decision is only a little tiny pebble being thrown into the big abortion controversy pool. But, its only a sign of bigger and worse things to come. Earlier today, Eric and I were talking about the recent decision by the FDA to ok the use of embryonic stem cells for research and so I'm even more fired up by the above news. (Which, by the way, Obama is expected to lift the ban on the restrictions on stem cell research as early as next week.) All of it is absolutely sick and disgusting and wrong. When did our society get so deluded into thinking that its ok to kill babies??! It's like an epidemic.

One of the most disgusting parts of the article to me was where it talked about the decision being able to help reduce the number of "unintended" and "unwanted" pregnancies. It seems like society is trying to create this whole new medical class composed of all the poor souls who have fallen into such unfortunate circumstances with an unwanted pregnancy. Whenever I hear people talk about abortion rights they are always using these insipid phrases and terminology! They seem to be setting it akin to getting cancer or getting your house broken into - things that you don't have control over. Like these quotes from Obama on abortion:

"Reducing teen pregnancy; making it less likely for women to find themselves in these circumstances. " (2007 South Carolina Democratic primary debate, MSNBC, Apr 26, 2007, emphasis added).

[Talking about his daughters] "But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." (CNN Ballot Bowl, March 29, 2008, http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0803
/29/bb.01.html.)

Seriously, WHAT IN THE WORLD????!!! If you don't want to be pregnant or to have a baby - DON'T HAVE SEX! (Yes, I said the "s" word.) A pregnancy and a baby are the consequences of that action. That's what happens. You did it to yourself. Knowing full well what could happen. It's not a circumstance that you find yourself in. Or something that happened to you. You can't act like a victim.

Now, I know, I know... Obama just wants to "give women equality". He "trusts that women do not make the decision to have an abortion casually". That they have to "weigh and struggle with all of the moral implications of an abortion". They just need to be trusted to make their own decisions- that's the point. Right?

Wrong! While, yes, some people probably do very seriously weigh the decision to have an abortion and yes, all do have to struggle with the moral implications of an abortion, that is NOT the point of this whole issue. It's beyond being able to make a choice. They made their choice when they had sex. Now what they have is a life that they are responsible for. And there shouldn't be any question about whether or not they get to choose to end that life. We do not get that choice! That would be murder and the last time I checked, society wasn't ok with murder. So, what is the deal???

Anyways....

This turned mostly into an Obama rant, which it wasn't meant to be. It was meant to be a little teeny bit of an Obama rant and mostly just a rant on the absolute insanity of our sick, deluded society.

Ok, I'll be done now.

3 comments:

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Amen to that. Sick sick sick! It's disgusting what our society has come to,and it's a sad day for those of us (like my husband and I) who hope to adopt. Adoption is the best option, never ever abortion! We live in a society of people who want to make bad choices and not be responsible for their actions.

Christy said...

yes, yes to adoption, no, no to abortion. very very lame. i have a really hard time with this lately as i have SO many friends who would love to be parents and can't.

but i do like that you used the "s" word. it's getting racy over here. :)

Whitney said...

Hi, Briana! I'm meandering onto cousins' blogs and just wanted to chime in on this. I hate the term "pro-choice." No one is FORCING people to have babies! All we ask is that they make the CHOICE before having unprotected sex! Not a hard concept. I also think it's ridiculous the way they try to present it as a "women's health" issue. I'm pretty sure that the majority of abortions performed, at least in the U.S., are not necessary to save the mother's life. It's not about the mother's health; it's about escaping from the consequences of your actions. Even the church isn't against abortion when the mother's life is at risk.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06