Friday, January 23, 2009

Developments



And now on a happier note, I love being a mom! I absolutely love being able to watch my daughter grow and develop and to be there when she does something for the first time. It's an amazing thing to behold!


The last few weeks have been filled with tons of "firsts":

  • tearing off a little bit of toilet paper and blowing her nose
  • throwing said toilet paper into the trash after she's done
  • finding a piece of trash on the floor, running into the kitchen and waiting for me to open the cupboard for her to very carefully put the trash into the garbage can, and then putting the rubber band (which we use to keep her out of the cupboards) back around the knobs
  • picking up the diaper that I just changed and running over to the diaper pail to put it inside

These things have all been very exciting to me in and of themselves, but even more exciting (and a little humbling) to me has been to realize that all of these things were done without me telling or asking her to do them. I haven't worked with her on how to blow her nose or taught her what to do with garbage yet. She has apparently just picked them up from watching Eric and I. Which absolutley amazes me. I was really floored today when she ran over to her diaper and took it to the diaper pail. It came out of nowhere! What a smarty! :) She is such a good helper - always trying to do whatever I'm doing - looking through the mail, cooking dinner, folding laundry, talking on the phone, trying to help dress herself, and now all of this stuff.

I just can't believe that just months ago she was a helpless, little baby. She is such a big girl now! It came so fast! She is so smart and so capable now that it is hard to remember the little thing she once was! :) I love my little girl!

4 comments:

Christy said...

how cute that she is so good about trash! she needs to teach sophie a thing or two--she still wants to just pull the trash out of the trash can for the most part.

and i'm loving those leggings. :) seriously, can you believe you ever went without them?? i cannot.

Jack said...

Danny and I were thoroughly enjoying ourselves last night as we watched her be silly. She is so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Thanks for your comment we have high hopes for adopting... your daughter is beautiful! And congrats on graduating!

emuhle said...

she sure is a cute little (big) girl! i hope i can meet her someday! :)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06