So, every once in a while, when I wash a new shirt for the first time, this happens:

It's looks like a random part of the shirt got bleached out. This was just a plain cotton shirt. I washed it normally, the way I wash most things - cold water, like colors, normal cycle, detergent, no bleach, etc. In the past, I've noticed it happen with cheap shirts, so I've stopped buying them because they seem to fall apart after one wash. I figured it was just something about the way cheaper clothes are dyed or what they use or something. But, this was a Shade shirt - not couture or anything, but still a decent brand. :) Anyways, I'm really annoyed. Does anyone else have this happen? Any ideas on why it may be happening or what I can do to avoid it?
5 comments:
this has happened to me a couple times-- i'm not positive what causes it but my guess was that i did a white load before (with bleach), and there was a little bleach left in the washer. or maybe did you wash the shirt with any rags that had cleaning supplies on them? gross, but i've done that one before too. so weird!
I agree with Christy. Seems like those are the only reasons this could be happening! I hate laundry.
This seems to happen to me too, I'm not sure why either! :( It's always just like a few small spots too, so it seems strange. I'm sorry I have no solution! let me know if you find the answer! :)
hmmm, I have NO idea. The other ideas sound very valid. When I have random questions, etc. I ask other mothers on mamasource.com, I love this website! I ask other mom's tons of questions about breastfeeding, laundry, birth control, etc. hope this helps!
Amy: thanks for the website - I'll have to check it out - I love awesome resources like that!
Post a Comment