Monday, March 16, 2009

All I Can Say Is...

...thank goodness we got the fabric protection plan!

<-- Those are two of our couch cushions, airdrying, after we hand cleaned Elena poop off of them. For some extremely odd reason, she had a random and rather large blowout through a diaper and clothes.

Thanks to the MARVELOUS fabric protection plan, pretty much everything -bowel movements :), blood, chocolate, jam, urine, spit-up, throw-up, soot from candles, strawberries, etc, etc.- just wipes off with a little water. It's amazing! An absolute must-have with kids (in my book), if you are silly enough to get plain, cream colored couches like we were.

I'll never know why we chose to get light colored couches. It's not like we thought they would be worn out or we would have other couches by the time we had kids - I was pregnant when we bought them. I suppose it was because I was naive and silly enough to not believe everyone who told me that light colored, plain furniture and carpet don't work well with kids. I just smiled and nodded my head and thought, "In my house it will be different." But, thankfully, we were blessed with a little foresight and chose to get the fabric protection plan when it was offered to us. I think that was how we justified getting the light colored couches even though we had a little one only months away from making her appearance.

Live and learn, I guess. Thank heaven for fabric protection plans in the meantime!

6 comments:

Christy said...

sweet! so nice you guys have that. and i know how you feel about the light colored stuff. we have cream carpet and i honestly use my carpet stain remover on it EVERY DAY. i fear it will be the death of me. NEVER AGAIN.

ps- tom got into nursing school at the U!! we just found out last night! and you are one of the first to know as it's still early to make any calls. :)

Briana said...

Christy: Woohoo! Way to go Tom! And now you'll be back with us!!! It's a party!! So exciting! Thanks for letting us know!!! :)

Lisa said...

Hey its Eric's cousin, Lisa, I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog!... I have to say I too went through the "light colors will be fine in my house" phase... because they look great, and clean and fresh, until someone walks on the carpet, or spills something, etc! stinks! But we did the protection on our clothe couches too, great investment! :) Since having little ones when we got another set of couches we got leather! So you can wipe everything off, and dark! ha, you live and learn right?!! You guys are such a cute family, btw... and I enjoyed watching the AF video, made me miss dancing!!!

Liz said...

It's not just those with little ones who learn not to love the light colors.

Briana said...

Lisa: haha! thanks for the tip - sounds like leather it is... someday :)

Amy said...

They really do still look like new!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06