
I am now officially half-way towards my weight loss goal!!!
About two weeks ago, I was really close to this landmark, but then I had a bit of a set-back. I got on the scale one night (problem #1 right there - I always weigh myself in the morning) and it said I was up 4 pounds from the day before! (Is that even possible??) It was SO dissapointing because I had been working SO hard and SO dilligently - exercising 6 days a week, eating better and less, etc. I really couldn't understand how it could be possible. Anyways, so I tried to keep on exercising like normal and eating well and did.... alright-ish. :) This week, though, I have been feeling better - ready to put less stock in the numbers than before and more in how I look and feel, I've exercised every day, etc. Isn't it crazy how a little box can make us feel so bad about ourselves? And also, that with how far I have already come, that I felt so defeated by just a couple of pounds? Dumb, dumb...
Then, this morning, I decided that I felt brave enough to step on the scale again - since I had been avoiding it like the plague for the last two weeks. I decided that I wanted a reference point again. And to my surprise, it said that I was down those last two pounds from before and was exactly at my half-way point!!! After staring in wonder for a minute, I stepped off and then stepped back on again just to make sure. (Because cheapish scales like ours can fluctuate a lot just based on where you stand, we marked the place where we always stand on ours with tape.) To my great delight, the scale still said the same number - hooray!!!
So, I guess it's official! :) Now for a little mental celebration: I have lost 20 pounds!! I feel better than I have since before Eric and I got married and I have definietly started seeing results. Just last week, I was able to wear some of my favorite jeans that I haven't been able to wear since before I had Elena! It's very exciting! I love to think that (someday) I am going to start my next pregnancy in shape -unlike the last one - and that I am not going to have so far to come back down from. It's a great feeling! And the best part about what I've been doing? It's totally sustainable! It's not just some crash or fad diet. I've been making actual lifestyle changes that I can keep up. All I have been doing is exercising six days a week (cardio AND weights) and trying to eat healthier (read less treats and junk food) and trying to eat much less (not stuff myself). I still eat things that I want, I just eat less of them and exercise.
Here's to the next 20! I know I'll probably have to fight for them more than the first, but I'm feeling up to the challenge. :)
Shout out to Amy for being my workout/ranting about weight buddy and to Ryan and Eric and Mom for watching Elena, so I can go to my class! You guys rock! :)
11 comments:
go briana!!!! that rocks!
Keep up the good work! Good to hear you're doing it "the right way" hate the word -diet!
AWESOME! Now I need to follow your example and get rid of my extra weight too! Maybe I can join up in the exercise class sometime.
Seriously so exciting! Dah!!!
Mom: do it! spring classes start up in a couple of weeks - it will be so much fun! :)
Yay, awesome Briana! Way to go. I have been losing weight too, hooray for having goals to be healthier!! Keep it up.
Shaylee
Good for you!!! That is so great!
woo hoo! congrats! :)
congratulations! want to lose my weight for me too? ;)
p.s. check out mgmt's electric feel and kids for color guard!
Way to go Briana!!!
Briana, I am seriously so so happy for you! Not only is the scale thinking happy thoughts but you are seriously looking so good. I want to be you mostly. You rock.
Post a Comment