Yesterday, I received the terrible news that this beautiful lady-
(Alexis dancing in our winterguard show this year)
had been killed in a car accident, along with her younger sister, while traveling with her family over spring break. I have been in total and complete shock ever since I found out. It just DOES NOT seem possible that someone so young and so good could die so prematurely.
I really can't quite describe my feelings, other than that I have been bouncing back between disbelief, sadness, mild states of denial, grief, and total bewilderment. It is simply unbelievable to me, probably because this is one of my first "closer to home" experiences with unexpected death. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she is gone and she is not coming back. I just talked to her a few days before she left for spring break about our upcoming rehearsals and concert. And she responded just as cheerfully and obligingly as ever that she would see us on Tuesday after spring break.
I can tell you though, that I am doing better today than I was yesterday. I'm also looking forward to her funeral - hoping that it will provide some closure.
Death is tragic at any age, but especially when it takes someone so young - someone just in the bloom of life.
Alexis, you will be missed! You were a beautiful person - inside and out. So happy, helpful, friendly, patient, kind, and SO extremely talented. So much natural grace. I feel privileged for the short time I was able to work with you and to get to know you. Your beautiful life has ended too soon in my eyes, but I trust that Heavenly Father has something else for you to do now. And I'll try to learn from this experience that life is short and can be over in an instant. And to try to live better, use my time more wisely, hug my loved ones a little closer, and to remember what is truly important in life.
had been killed in a car accident, along with her younger sister, while traveling with her family over spring break. I have been in total and complete shock ever since I found out. It just DOES NOT seem possible that someone so young and so good could die so prematurely.
I really can't quite describe my feelings, other than that I have been bouncing back between disbelief, sadness, mild states of denial, grief, and total bewilderment. It is simply unbelievable to me, probably because this is one of my first "closer to home" experiences with unexpected death. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she is gone and she is not coming back. I just talked to her a few days before she left for spring break about our upcoming rehearsals and concert. And she responded just as cheerfully and obligingly as ever that she would see us on Tuesday after spring break.
I can tell you though, that I am doing better today than I was yesterday. I'm also looking forward to her funeral - hoping that it will provide some closure.
Death is tragic at any age, but especially when it takes someone so young - someone just in the bloom of life.
Alexis, you will be missed! You were a beautiful person - inside and out. So happy, helpful, friendly, patient, kind, and SO extremely talented. So much natural grace. I feel privileged for the short time I was able to work with you and to get to know you. Your beautiful life has ended too soon in my eyes, but I trust that Heavenly Father has something else for you to do now. And I'll try to learn from this experience that life is short and can be over in an instant. And to try to live better, use my time more wisely, hug my loved ones a little closer, and to remember what is truly important in life.
Keep the Johnson family in your thoughts and prayers, if you would. I'm sure they could use a few extra prayers right now.
6 comments:
I am so sorry to hear this, and will pray for her family and loved ones. I don't remember ever working with her (I think she was too young), but she seems like such a lovely person.
I'm sorry. It is amazing how fast things can change in life. I felt that way after my car accident. In a matter of seconds everything is different. I'll talk to you more when we get there!
that is just heartbreaking. her poor family-- to lose two of their daughters like that-- i can't even imagine. they will be in my prayers.
I've had you and them on my mind ever since Eric called with the news. So, so sad. What would we do without the Gospel to get us through--knowing that death is not the end?
Sweetheart,
I wish I could shield you from all of lifes heartaches but that is not the plan. I thought about you and this poor family all night long. You will be such an example to your girls in the next few days, weeks and months. They will look to you for comfort and watch the grace and dignity in which you handle this and teach them to handle and deal with this tragic event in their young lives. Heavenly Father has placed you here to walk them through this trial. Have faith in yourself and trust Him. I love you honey...
mom
Wow. Just another reminder of how fragile our lives are. Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment