Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Call for Recipes

So, lately I've been doing some thinking about the upcoming months. Specifically from September to April. That's when Eric goes back to school full-time to make the final big push towards graduation. He'll also be trying to work sometime in the midst of those 17 insane credit hours to support our family. And that's when work will start up big-time for me again. It kind of feels like right now we are in the calm before the storm. Because let me tell you what, it's going to be crazy. Like so crazy, I don't know if we can do it. I take that back - I know, somehow it will work out, it always does... but right now I just can't see how...

Anyways... so we will be running around like crazy people and I have determined that most nights, I won't have time to fix dinner in the evenings, so we will be eating a lot of crockpot meals. Which is awesome because I loves them, precious. The only problem is, I only have about four or five good slow cooker recipes. So, if you have any good/easy recipes, would you mind sharing them? You can e-mail me or leave them in a comment. Pretty please?

10 comments:

Logan Family said...

I have some good ones. Can I have your email address and then I'll send you some!

Lisa said...

Our families ultimate favorite is pulled BBQ sandwhiches (I've used chicken and roast, but you could use any meat) and just throw in frozen or thawed meat, BBQ sauce (any kind) and a few drops of worchestershire sauce if you want. Then a few hours later pull the meat out and shred it, throw it back in the sauce, mix it up and serve it on buns :) Super easy and I make it almost once a week!!

Another one is again chicken or roast, potatoes, carrots, onions and chicken broth, season with S/P, bacon bits, or anything else you want. cook for 6 hrs or so and put sour cream on the veggies!

Oh and sloppy joes... brown 1 lb hamburger. Throw in the crock pot with 1 can chicken gumbo soup, 1/4 c. ketchup and 2 T. mustard. Get hot and serve!

I always make these... they're easy and I know we'll all eat them! They're pretty generic, but hope that helps a little... good luck! (oh and if you get any good ones, send them my way :) )

Briana said...

Lisa: i have that same sloppy joe recipe that I got from Eric's mom - it must be a Hastings thing? :) but I've never tried it in the crockpot - that is a way good idea! Thanks for all the help!

Briana said...

Anna: helpthe3percent@gmail.com

Alyssa said...

i will use your email too - seth and i are out of town so i will email them next week when i have my recipes! i have a couple crockpot recipes, but would you be interested in easy casseroles that can be frozen as well?

Briana said...

Alyssa: Definitely - thanks!

Ash said...

Try this blog for recipe ideas, http://www.365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/

Also a simple one is to put chicken and salsa in and then you can make tacos, nachos, or put it on salad.

Christy said...

i have a few that i really like. i'll email you when i get a chance. remind me if i don't.

Lisa said...

must be a Hastings thing :) but ya you can do it on the stove, or just brown your hamburger and throw all the other stuff in the crock pot!

emuhle said...

i got a cookbook or all crockpot recipes for christmas, i'll send you some of the best! :)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06