Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I always want to remember...

Today was another really good day. Elena was exceptionally sweet, obedient, and good tempered. I love these days!

Here are three fun Elena moments from today that I always want to remember:

  • While I was folding laundry, we had the movie, Bewitched, on. Elena's watched it before, but this time, she was absolutely in love with the dance sequence in the middle of the movie where Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman are falling in love. After it was over, she watched for another minute and then started asking for "more" and dancing and pointing at the screen. When I figured out what she wanted, I rewound it and then she came over to me, grabbed my hands, and said, "Mommy... Mommy.... Mommy up!" and had me dance with her while they were dancing. This repeated over and over again - five or six times - she was just too cute to resist, looking up at me with her big, excited eyes, and saying "Mommy" so sweetly, and laughing and just being a cutie.
  • I needed to run our rent check upstairs to our landlords and so I said, "Elena, come on, do you want to come outside with me?" She said yes and started running around frantically. As she passed through the kitchen, she grabbed one of the dining room chairs and started to pull it out, but knocked it over instead. I couldn't tell what she was doing, because she is always very excited to go outside and knows what it means when I say it and usually she's very focused and she runs straight for her shoes or to the door. I motioned to her again and then she started to come to the door while chattering to herself, excitedly. She was running through the living room, when she stopped and turned back suddenly like she forgot something and then ran over to her toy basket and snatched up her purse and then ran back towards me. It was so cute - like she was saying, "Oh, hang on... I forgot this. Now we can go." I don't know why, but it just was so cute to me.
  • I made brownies after dinner and gave Elena one, but I told her that she needed to sit at the table to eat it. She ran over to the table and got up on a chair, like a good girl. I was eating a brownie as well, but between bites, I was doing things around the house. I walked past the table with a new brownie and stopped to check on her. She looked up at me, kind of stared at me for a second, and without a word pointed to the chair that I had been sitting at, with a look on her face, like "You better sit at the table while you eat that." It cracked me up! I said, "Oh, does mama need to sit down at the table?" and she said, "Yes!" :)

I sure love that little girl!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Elena's such a cutie! I'm glad you're noticing and enjoying and recording these moments. Before you know it, she'll be all grown up :)

Lisa said...

Too cute! Sometimes its hard noticing that we're telling the kids one thing but doing another... sad thing is my kids call me out on it now!

The Hulls said...

Hi Briana! This is Jennifer Hull, I worked with you at the Candy Counter. I found your blog off of Emily's and I thought I'd say hi! Your little girl is just darling and congrats on the one on the way!

emuhle said...

what a happy day! it sounds like she'll be a good big sister, too. at least when they're eating brownies together... :)

Anna said...

I love this age. Little people are the best.

Christy said...

so cute. what a fun age.

Amy said...

I love great moments like these! Elena is quite the dancer. I've witnessed this myself. And of course you needed to sit to eat your brownie:)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06