Saturday, August 1, 2009

Exciting Day!

Breakthrough! Guess what Miss Elena just did??

She sat on the potty!!! :)

Seems like a simple thing, I know. But, although we've been making good progress with the whole "potty" concept (she can pull down her pants, take off her diaper, and tells us when she needs to go), she has always been scared of sitting on the toilet and has never done it before. Today, she did it and I think she kind of liked it. :) Although she didn't do anything on it, she sat there happily for two minutes and didn't want to get off. When she was done, she put some toilet paper in the toilet, closed the lid, and washed her hands. Right on!

And yes, I'm pretty much the nerdiest person ever - blogging about this. Will you still be my friend? :)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Good for Elena! Just don't get frustrated if it doesn't happen as quickly as you'd like. Then again, maybe she'll be a speed demon! And yes, I'll still be your friend :)

Christy said...

very exciting! pottytraining or bust, baby.

Amy said...

Yea!!! Hopefully it's all downhill from here!

Anna said...

Not the nerdiest person for blogging this.
I would too. We are not even close and when we are believe me it is going to make national news! It is more than blogworthy news!!!!!

Lisa said...

potty training is like the highlight of all mother's lives!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06