Friday, September 4, 2009

Ok... time for some controversy

So, Eric and I wake up to KSL (a talk radio/news station) in the mornings and one of the stories this morning has us thinking.

Apparently, next Tuesday Obama plans to give a speech to school kids and apparently there is a big controversy over it.

In case you haven't heard, here it is in a nutshell: supposedly the speech is just a beginning of the school year pep talk (stay in school, work hard, etc), but people are mad about it (because they think he's going to try to push his political agenda) and want to keep their kids home from school.

This was the first I had heard about any of it. So, Eric and I debated our opinions back and forth a little this morning and then I got online to find out to try and find out more about it....

And with that brief introduction, to keep this blog friendly, fairly light, and mostly neutral, I invite all of the former readers of our political blog back to debate some things and give me some opinions because I'm still forming my own opinion about the situation and would like to know what some of you think. So, hop on over to ye olde Hoffman Political Blog and take a look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked, he was president of the entire United States, not just the democratic party....right?

Christy said...

this reminds me of when dick cheney spoke at byu graduation and some people refused to go. i think whether you agree with someone's political ideals or not, when they are the president (or vice president) you give them respect. i would love for my children to hear ANY president speak. what a cool opportunity. and i HIGHLY doubt he's going to be talking about health care.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06