I received this from my grandma a few months back and I love it. But, I have no idea what to do with it:

From the side, you can see that it has this little holder at the bottom of it. For what, I ask? I've thought, maybe for a tall picture. Two problems with that, though: 1. I don't have a tall picture and 2. right now, I have it hanging between two doors - so in that spot, at least, it can't hold anything much wider than about 4-5 inches. I could always move it though if anyone has any good ideas.
Your ideas would be much appreciated.
11 comments:
my only thought was a picture... but i'm no interior decorator, that's for sure. good luck, it's very cute!
so i deleted my previous comment because i realized that i said something weird. here's what it should have said:
ou could make a picture that you like... take (or make) a frame (like you would for a canvas) and cover it with fabric. super easy & you can make it exactly like you want!
or you could do two smaller ones & hang one from the little circle in the middle & lean one on the holder.
good luck figuring something out!
yes, my first thought was it's a picture frame....let us know what you figure out!
I was thinking maybe some mirrors, if you could find something to fit...it probably wouldnt be the best idea to just put a mirror on the little ledge and lean it...not with a two year old around, that is!
It's for holding plates...my mom has them all over her house. But since that won't work where you're hanging it, I think that you should put a guard flag or rifle there. Then you'd always know where they were and people who come over could see the wonderful talent that you have!
I love it. But I too would use it for a picture. I talked Grandma Hastings into giving me one of her first paintings which was done on a piece of... something hard. I don't know what it is! Anyway, it's not framed or anything. But I bought a rod iron hanger like yours and I love how it looked/will look again holding the painting on our wall. Just move the sweet decoration:)
3 thoughts, 1-yes move it and put a big picture on it 2- plate, or 3- a painting or canvas that has a cute quote on it... any of these things could be smaller and then hang something up above in the open spot
Hey Sweetie...
Well, Josh & Tara stole my "thunder"...I was going to tell you that it is for holding plates. I just sold one at the garage sale, or gave it to Value Village!
But, the mirrors, pics, or anything else would work just as well, or a combination of some or all.
Good luck!
Okay, so someone give me a lesson - it seems kind of tall to hang just a plate on the bottom "shelf". Do you set one there and then somehow hang other ones up higher?? Help.... :)
coat hanger?! but it's supposed to be for plates for sure!
Post a Comment