Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I guess it's official...

Yesterday at 8:30 pm, after a long day of errand running, I realized that my incredibly patient daughter had not eaten dinner yet. Since we wouldn't be home for at least another hour, I stopped by McDonalds for a happy meal.

When I pulled up to the second window to pick up the food, the worker- an old latin guy- handed me Elena's apple juice and then half-shouted, "You're pregnant!"

Uh, yeah.

There was no follow up comment or explanation after. Just the obligatory, "Have a good night."

Why did he feel the need to point that out to me?

I can only think of one reason - I'm officially huge. So large and pregnant that complete strangers can't restrain themselves and shout random things out at me like they have Turrets or something.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

There does seem to come a point. Amy had an experience at BYU where a guy saw her coming down the hall, there was plenty of room for the two of them but he felt the need to plaster himself against the wall and give her room to pass. Wish we could all be as socially adept as they.

emuhle said...

haha, that's kind of hilarious. through the drive-through window? i love people and awkward interactions :)

The Reil Family said...

speaking of you being pregnant... where oh where are pictures?!

Christy said...

seriously. i got so many comments when i was pregnant. it's like you have a sign on your face that says, "feel free to say ANYTHING you want to me. i have no feelings."

Eric said...

We should have gotten a picture of her today. She was mighty fine.

Lisa said...

I second Christy! So many people can't control it!!! haha!! And being all emotional sometimes you have to try so hard not to cry right there on the spot!

Amy said...

i realized that I had not seen any updates to your blog recently, then remembering you had gone private, I went to look--I love this story! I hope you write it down for your little baby so you can tell her about it, and one day when she's pregnant, she'll get a REAL laugh out of it :)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06