We've been having an incredibly hard time picking a name for this little baby. Don't get us wrong, though - we have a list of about 15 girl's names that we like. But none of them are feeling quite right.
Sheesh. It's really maddening because I am the type who likes to have as much figured out and crossed off the list as possible. Elena was the only name we liked for a girl last time and so that was a breeze. And we have two boys names that are absolute for sures. But this time... no luck.
Some names we like:
Abigail
Adelaide
Ariana
Aria
Emily
Emma (I LOVE this one, but Eric is pretty deadset against it. I know, I ask him at least once or twice a week.)
Lillian - calling her Lily
Meg
Miriam (nickname "Miri")
Nicole
Vivian (my great-grandma's name)
Willow
Now, some of these, even though we like them, have definitely been ruled out for this baby. Others are still possibilities. The name we like the most is Lily. Lillian Marguerite (after my other great-grandma) to be precise. So, we've been trying it out for the last couple of months. But, we're not sold yet. Basically, we've decided to just sit back and wait - keep an open mind in case we hear something else we like and wait and see what the baby looks like.
We're not sure if all these feelings are because we haven't found the right name yet (even though we've been through a baby name book twice and looked at lots of lists!) or because we just need to see her before we'll know. In case it's the first reason, will you all throw out names that you like to help us brainstorm some more? Muchas Gracias!
I Do Now
2 days ago
14 comments:
Okay, here are a few ideas,
Callie, Miley, Kate and Paige! I really like Lilly too though. I say go with that one! Those were some names I thought of for Macey! Anyway, good luck with the name searching! We'll be excited to hear what it is!
those are all such cute names. i really like lily! also, kate is one of my top names but we'll never use it because kate bateman is a little too rhymie. :) i was the same way with lincoln. and i hate to tell you that even after he was born i wasn't feeling a certain name. so we went with lincoln and of course now it feels perfect for him. good luck! i can't wait to hear what you end up deciding.
I love it when you can name a baby after a relative. All of our boys have family middle names. Lily is really cute but my fav on the list in Willow! I've always wanted to use it but Josh isn't a big fan. (And we haven't had any girls yet) Good luck! The name will come in time. :-)
Lillian is such a great and timeless name. I really think you can't go wrong with it. but then again, all the names are awesome. I am on Eric's side, no to Emma. Its far too common now.
i really like abigail, and also claire. in fact, they are two of my favorite names, but i already have a second cousin and niece with those names. i swear, by the time we have kids the reil family will have used up all of the good ones!
good luck choosing!
Out of ALL of those names so far, I like Emily the best:) wink wink.
But I actually really love Lily.
And a few names that I also like are Callie, Janey (I know a girl who spells it Jayni, super cute), and Chloe. Hhhmm...I see a pattern here, apparently I like names that end with the sound 'ee'.
Good luck! I can't wait to see her! I hope we can see each other before she is born!
Wow, I really like almost all of them! I am definitely a fan of Lilly. I like Willow a lot too! I've never heard that-cute. Maybe I'll steal it...I best get crackin'.
Lots of cute names. I'm sure you'll decide on the perfect one. Incidentally, we changed our minds on every baby name except our last, after the baby was born. For some reason or another, a particular name just felt right. With some more than others . . .
My favorite on your list is probably Meg (although when I suggested that back in the day, Dad used to say people would call her megaton), but any you choose will be great! Nicole's a favorite too!
Good luck deciding! I'll keep my ears open at work for cute names :)
Abigail=nooooo!
Adelaide=ick!
Ariana=love,love,love and you can call her Aria for short. kills two birds with one stone, unique and beautiful name.
Aria=ditto, plus you love music
Emily= please no!
Emma= I LOVE this one too, Lillian - calling her Lily= like
Meg= dad says please no
Miriam= not feeling it
Nicole= ickky nikki
Vivian (my great-grandma's name)
Willow= Aspen is better, not as billowie.
Marina= for Eric's love of things fishy
I know how about GELIZ
or GELIZA after her gramma's or Bralan after her grandpa's
Gizelle
Brooklyn
Evangelene
Eden
Molly
Makayla
If I were going to have more girls I would pick:
Hazel, Lily, Amelia (Millie),
but thats just me. Everyone has their own taste/preferences.
You can go to the social security name sight and see the popularity of a name in a certain year. It's kind of fun. (Jenny spikes in use in the mid 1970's and currently Olivia and Emma are topping the list...at least when we were looking at names for Clara). We spend hours on that site when trying to pick names. It's kind of fun.
Oh the joys of naming our babies!! Out of your names I like: Lily, Viv, and Willow is cute. When we were thinking of names for Sydnee we really liked Mya & Sierra. Some other ideas that haven't been said: Brynlee, Cameron, Blaire, Riley... oh so many more! Girls names are easier then boys it seems! Good luck!
Your entire list is ugly:)
I actually REALLY like these names. Here are some others I like: Ryan, Maggie, Catelyn, Beth, Eliza, and Anne.
Hi Kids! Well, while I like most of the names, I have to say that I am REALLY partial to Lillian Margarette (after my Mum). When I first heard it, I loved the way that it "flowed", especially with Hoffman...granted, she isn't going to have that name ALL of her life!
Good luck, will be anxious to hear who she ends up being! Kisses to Elena!!
I love Lily. Meg is pretty cute, too. And I've always liked Emily. And although you didn't necessarily ask for opinions about the names you listed, I would hope that you ruled out Miri. The only other time I've heard that name is in a certain movie title - I wouldn't want people to associate such things with your sweet little girl! Just sayin'. Good luck! Girl names are so fun, aren't they? Pray that I get a girl someday! :)
Post a Comment