Well, I'm back. I think. Lily is 3 1/2 weeks old, I'm feeling great, and I think I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. I think... :)
I'm all by myself with these girls now, as my mom left a couple of days ago. It's amazing how intimidating two sweet little girls can be. But they've got me two to one when I'm home with them during the day and that is a little scary. :) Yesterday was my first day alone and it went really well. I was definitely blessed in many ways. A lady from our ward called up out of the blue and said she was bringing dinner over to us. What perfect timing- my first day alone! I definitely felt the Lord's watchful care over me- and my family.
Like I said, yesterday went very well. There was only one little glitch - Elena woke up from her nap yesterday very sad, burning up, and saying, "My forehead hurts". She was a little sad and clingy, but was in good spirits once the Tylonel kicked in. The fever has continued all through the night and into today. Tylonel is keeping it down for the most part, but the last reading I did said her fever is 102.5. So, we are headed into the doctor this afternoon. Funny timing on this as well. The three weeks my mom was here passed without incident, but THE DAY that she leaves, Elena gets sick. :) Oh well - thank heaven for two very sweet, patient girls and modern medicine. The Lord is watching out for us.
Two other exciting pieces of news:
1. Eric finished his grad school application on Monday! So now we are just waiting.
2. Connected with the whole grad school application - Eric got a 98% on his test in his steel class!!!! (that's the teacher who is on the admissions committee and told Eric that he would do all he could to help Eric get accepted if Eric did well in the class - specifically on this test.) I'm so proud! He definitely deserved it - I've never seen him study so hard. Yay Babe! :)
So, that's what's going on in our lives at the moment.
**************************
Now...
On Sunday, we took advantage of the flexibility of a three-day weekend and blessed Lily here at home (it was Stake Conference) with a small group of our family. It was wonderful! I'm always humbled and grateful to see so many strong, wonderful men surrounding my babies to bless them with the power of the priesthood. What awesome people we are blessed to have in our life!
Here's my pretty girl on her blessing day (wearing the same blessing dress that I wore).



Some of Eric's Family

Some of my family

We had a very special surprise - Eric's grandparents were able to come!

Jo and Elena had fun playing together - obviously. :)

Elena hanging out with Uncle Kenny.

And just for fun - here are some crazy pictures of Lily. I love those silly newborn cross-eyed faces. :)


More updates and catch-ups to follow!
6 comments:
so many things to say! first of all, you know i am so sad we missed the blessing. it looks like it was perfect. how neat that grandma and grandpa came!
those last pictures of lily are a riot! i mean this with the best of intentions, but she kind of looks like a monkey. :) my kids both looked like monkeys, so i have a fond place for monkey babies in my heart. ha ha.
i'm so sorry that elena is sick! i am glad your ward is watching out for you. it is very scary your first few days alone, ey? you are doing great. in the beginning i think you kind of just have to survive and then you will fall into a routine.
and finally, yay for eric!
ps- when you guys are feeling up to it we need to have a playdate.
i all my crazy commenting i forgot to say something very important: you look hot!
Looks like things are off to a good start for that cute bambino!
(That is great that G&G made it. We have been slackers and haven't visited them in an embarassingly long time!)
Way to go!! YOu will do great--aren't wards wonderful?
I love that Grandma & Grandpa could be there! Also love the intimate blessing you were able to have for Lily. I'm glad you are doing great on your own, it is a little weird, and freightening at first. Also yes, you look HOT!!
So I left a long comment on this post a few days ago. But then just before I published it Ryan walked in the door and sent me to bed (4 hour nap!) so I guess you never got it:) I am so sorry I missed the blessing. I was seriously, seriously so bummed all day that I couldn't go. And I hope Jo didn't get Elena sick. I didn't think she was contagious/really sick at all. See you guys someday!
Post a Comment