Friday, June 25, 2010

More Than I Deserve

Tonight while we were cooking dinner, Elena was underfoot in the kitchen, pulling out all my small appliances from a low cupboard. She was pretending to cook with me. She was jabbering away and I wasn't really paying too much attention to her - just giving absent-minded "mm-hmm"s and "oh, really?"s - feeling like she was being more of a nuisance than a "help".

All of a sudden she stopped and said, "You're a good mom." And hugging my leg, "Mom, I love you!"

I always want to remember that. And I want to try harder to deserve those moments. Sweet girl.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a good mommy and you do need to appreciate those moments.
You deserve them.
I love you sweetheart!

your mom

Amy said...

What a sweet moment!!

Lisa said...

Ohh, don't you just love those moments. You are a wonderful mom!!

Mireya said...

This brings me to tears, what a joyful, happy and gracious girl you have!

Us'ens said...

What a precious little gal! We hope that she isn't having too much discomfort with this round of chemo, and since she has had to go thru this, I'm glad that she is doing it at her young age...what a trooper!! Missed seeing her with the rest of you, but totally understand her & Daddy not being able to make the trip...hope we'll be able to see you all soon!! Hugs!

Christy said...

how sweet. although you are wrong about one thing-- you already deserve those moments. you are a great mom.

emuhle said...

that is so sweet! and i'm going to agree with everyone else and say that you are a good mom.

Liz said...

Don't those sweet moments make all the hard ones worth it? Elena's a dear!--and so are you!

Amy said...

So so sweet! You are definitely the best of Moms.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06