"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." - Chinese Proverb
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Wordless Wednesday: The things you never thought you'd have to do as parents...
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That picture breaks my heart... How are you all doing? How's Elena taking this round of Chemo? How much longer in this stage? do you need any help? How are you and Eric holding up? Call me if you ever just need to talk. I love you.
yes. seriously. never ever ever. i'll be honest, it was pretty shocking when i saw eric suit up to give elena meds. like you guys said, it seems messed up to put something in your two year old that you have to suit up to administer. i'm so sad about the 0 ANC. lame. but i am happy that eric can do the accessing (although seriously, what was that nurse thinking saying she was too scared?) so you guys can check things when you need to. much love to you guys.
Oh my gosh, Bri! What is going on? Is Elena worse? I see that her count is down (!!!), but Mom had said that was pretty normal with the chemo. Did we miss something? Oh, how I wish that we were closer, if for nothing else than moral support & to give you two a little away time, even if it is just sitting on the sofa, not having to be the ones "doing" at the time. But, I agree that it is wonderful that Eric (and you) can do what is needed at the time. I know that Our Father is watching over all of you & keeping his arms wrapped gently around that sweet little girl...Know that you are all in our prayers, constantly, and we love you!
Ditto to what Christy said. Very sobering to watch Eric give Elena the meds. One day this will all be behind you and Elena will be giving you fits wanting to borrow the car keys and go shopping for a prom dress--BUT, you will never forget these days of gut-wrenching challenge. They are making you even stronger, more faithful, more compassionate. I wish I could make it easier. I love you. Please let me know what I can do to help.
Christy: ditto - i know nurses are just people, but man... don't admit that you have no idea what's going on and are scared to do the proceedure. that doesn't instill much confidence!!!
Grandma: nope, elena isn't worse. low counts and anemic, but nothing too bad. this is just a picture of eric giving elena some of her home chemo. :)
Can I say ditto Christy too?! Wow, never in a million years. I had no idea you could do that at home. I'm sorry she is having another chemo treatment... that she doesn't understand why. I hope things go smoothly for all of you. Stay strong!
P.S. the nurse said what?! she would surely get a fist in the face.
The Fam- the five of us before Hyrum and Will came
Mosiah 24:14-16
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.
High Risk - 1000 or less
       Don't visit if you have any symptoms of illness.
Extremely High Risk - 500 or less
       Don't visit if you have any symptoms of illness
       or if you have been exposed to people with
       symptoms.
Please use this meter when deciding to visit.
The ANC is the best measure of how well our bodies can fight infection. Normal range is 3000-5000.
9 comments:
That picture breaks my heart...
How are you all doing? How's Elena taking this round of Chemo? How much longer in this stage? do you need any help? How are you and Eric holding up? Call me if you ever just need to talk. I love you.
mom
yes. seriously. never ever ever. i'll be honest, it was pretty shocking when i saw eric suit up to give elena meds. like you guys said, it seems messed up to put something in your two year old that you have to suit up to administer. i'm so sad about the 0 ANC. lame. but i am happy that eric can do the accessing (although seriously, what was that nurse thinking saying she was too scared?) so you guys can check things when you need to. much love to you guys.
Oh my gosh, Bri! What is going on? Is Elena worse? I see that her count is down (!!!), but Mom had said that was pretty normal with the chemo. Did we miss something?
Oh, how I wish that we were closer, if for nothing else than moral support & to give you two a little away time, even if it is just sitting on the sofa, not having to be the ones "doing" at the time. But, I agree that it is wonderful that Eric (and you) can do what is needed at the time. I know that Our Father is watching over all of you & keeping his arms wrapped gently around that sweet little girl...Know that you are all in our prayers, constantly, and we love you!
Ditto to what Christy said. Very sobering to watch Eric give Elena the meds. One day this will all be behind you and Elena will be giving you fits wanting to borrow the car keys and go shopping for a prom dress--BUT, you will never forget these days of gut-wrenching challenge. They are making you even stronger, more faithful, more compassionate. I wish I could make it easier. I love you. Please let me know what I can do to help.
Christy: ditto - i know nurses are just people, but man... don't admit that you have no idea what's going on and are scared to do the proceedure. that doesn't instill much confidence!!!
Grandma: nope, elena isn't worse. low counts and anemic, but nothing too bad. this is just a picture of eric giving elena some of her home chemo. :)
I am still praying for you guys! You're moving mountains! :D
Can I say ditto Christy too?! Wow, never in a million years. I had no idea you could do that at home. I'm sorry she is having another chemo treatment... that she doesn't understand why. I hope things go smoothly for all of you. Stay strong!
P.S. the nurse said what?! she would surely get a fist in the face.
No kidding. Yikes.
seriously. i'm amazed at how strong you two are. and how strong that little girl of yours is.
Post a Comment