Like it's made me question everything I ever thought about myself, my dreams, my abilities, you name it. I spend the better part of each week feeling like I'm going out of my mind. I know our life has been a little crazy for a while and I'm sure that that is part of it, but I'm also pretty sure that most of it is just my lack of skills or something (Kids only want moms who have sweet skills! Like nunchuck skills, bowfighting skills...).
Now, I know all you moms of 3+ kids are probably sitting there rolling your eyes at me. And you probably should be - what kind of lightweight am I?? Can I just say that I want to fall down and worship you, moms of 3+ kids and successful moms of 2 kids. How do you do it? Teach me your ways.
At the same time though, I am so grateful for my little girls. They really do make me so happy. I couldn't imagine life without them. It is SO awesome to get to start watching the "sister/sibling dynamic" develop. Lily adores Elena and Elena is such a good, protective big sister to Lily. Elena's learning to share and that sometimes she has to wait.They are starting to entertain each other for five to ten minute periods here and there. I can tell it's just going to keep getting better.
Earlier in the day, before I took this video, Elena walked up to Lily and threw a hard, plastic toy at her head, for no apparent reason. That evening, I was looking at the bruise on Lily's forehead and talking to Eric and said, "Poor Lily - Elena never had to worry about anyone throwing things at her head!" And Eric responded, "Yeah, but Elena also didn't have an extra person around the house to laugh with her and play with her." I thought that was a pretty fitting summary of life as the second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. child in the house. And a good summary of life with two kids - there are some hard knocks, but the good far outweighs the hard. :)
7 comments:
as i know i've already said, it will definitely get easier as lily gets older. it is seriously easier for me now to have sophie and lincoln both awake together because they (usually) entertain each other so well.
i love the video! is elena giving lily shots? HA!
i need some sweet skills too... dang. :)
ps- my word verification is "lamey". see, even the internet knows i need skills and am a LAME mom. ha ha.
You'll have to give me all of your wisdom when I get to this stage Briana! The girls really are super cute and sweet to each other. Elena definitely takes care of her little sister.
You're doing fabulously! I remember times when we had several preschoolers, and it would be four in the afternoon with everyone still in their pj's, and I would wonder if it was worth getting them dressed :) Don't be so hard on yourself. The girls are wonderful, you're wonderful, and everybody's happy. I so enjoyed yesterday, just watching the kids play in the water. We have to do it again very soon.
Funny video! (And yes, they do entertain each other so much!)
Mom: believe it or not, it is actually extremely comforting for me to hear that you had days where you would get to the end of the day and everyone was still in their p.j.s. we have those days several days a week and i feel like THE worst mom. why can't i just get a handle on everything? it's nice to hear that other people have/have had similar experiences. it makes me feel more normal :)
You do have sweet skills. Traitor skills for example. Remember how you slaughtered us last night? Still can't believe Ryan almost accused me. I think you totally rock. And, as Christy said, it gets a lot easier. The older they get (because mine are SO old:)) the more they entertain each other and take care of themselves. Babies are really fun but require sooo much attention. Makes it hard to get anything done when you have an infant 24/7. I'm really hoping that Jo and Tic will entertain each other with this new baby coming. And I'm sure Elena got bruises too. Like from Jo. She had cousins to hurt her. Ha ha!
Ha ha, Briana. I am laughing so hard just because I know how you feel!! And I only have one kid! Nothing can ever prepare you for motherhood. You girls are so cute!
Love that video! They are too cute together. Again, it does get a lot easier as they get older... less demanding of your time. They will be great little helpers too with younger siblings. I have heard that the 3rd is the hardest, but anything after that is cake.... I'll let you figure out if that's true or not ;)
Post a Comment