Sunday, August 8, 2010

For the record...

I'm recording this because I know I'll need something to cling to over the years when my kids are complaining about the food I make :).

Elena is your typical picky toddler when it comes to food, but tonight as she was getting down from the table, she spontaneously said, "This was tasty food! Thanks for making this, Mom."

:D

(Tomato-herb grilled chicken, steamed red potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, and summer harvest smoothies - it WAS tasty!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did you fix? sure wish my picky little toddler would have said that.;0)

Ashley&BJ Elliott said...

That sounds delicious. Can I get the recipe for the chicken?

Christy said...

dang, i can see why elena liked it. sounds like heaven. that is the highest compliment you can recieve from a toddler. way to go, mama!

Us'ens said...

Sounds very tasty!! But, I can't imagine her Mom saying that when she was a toddler to that menu!! LOL!! Hey, Bri, Grampa & I saw some spaghetti in the store the other day that they should have made when you were little...it is called "broken spaghetti" and it is in little pieces, like the way your mom used to have to cut yours up so you'd eat it! Too funny!! We love you guys!!

Briana said...

grandma: haha... i was actually just thinking of how i used to eat spaghetti the other day. so weird. my parents were very patient and good natured to humor me. :) but, thanks to eric (and maturing taste buds), i actually like spaghetti the regular way now. :)

Logan Family said...

That does sound tasty. I'm always searching for new dinner ideas.

The Reil Family said...

so do you want to give me that recipe for summer harvest smoothies? alyssareil@gmail.com :)

Anna said...

Who said miracles don't happen? I wish they happened more at my house.

Lisa said...

Ditto Anna. I guess if they don't complain out loud we should take it as a compliment! It sure does sound tasty!!

Amy said...

Elena is so articulate and cute! I love it. Maybe don't openly talk about the meals you make... Ryan could read this and get some ideas... like that I should make more than spaghetti:)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06