Thursday, October 14, 2010

Food, Glorious Food

Elena LOVES food like no one else loves food. Steroids. The steroids make her so hungry - she spends the better part of each day eating. Food fills her thoughts all day. Especially top ramen (noordles - to Elena) and spaghettios (sc-ghettios). Great, right? We try our hardest to get good food in her, but anyone who has had a child on steroids knows that it is impossible. It's truly crazy. Here's a conversation that happened between my mom and Elena while I was out running errands:

Elena: "Grammie, I think there's more noodles in the pantry."
Grammie: "I think Mom's going to be home soon and we'll have dinner."
Elena: "Do you think she's buying sc-ghettios?"
Grammie: "I don't know."
Elena: "She better buy sc-ghettios or I think I will have to give her a timeout."

8 comments:

Jack said...

Awesome. I thought about Elena because the family size cans of spagettios were on sale--same price as the smaller cans. We bought some in her honor.

Christy said...

HA! I have been a witness to the madness. That girl can put some food DOWN. She is so funny. Sophie is always talking about how we will eat spaghetti-os when Elena comes. :)

Chandler Marie said...

Ha! haha thats so funny!

Chelsea said...

The steroids are crazy! Its so hot and cold with these kids. Right now I cant get Cami to even look at food. She wont touch it because she says chemo makes it taste different. BUT the minute those steroids get in her system its all cheese all the time! They can really eat you out of house and home :)

Lisa said...

haha, chase called them noordles too! loved the timeout for you.

Amy said...

We were out of town last week, and I was wondering how things were going for you guys---so I was so glad to read your updates! I'm glad that Lily's out of the hospital now! She does look so darling in that hospital gown! That formula cost is crazy! I'm glad that you have some kind of help with it! I look forward to reading all the other updates that should be coming soon!!!

Other than the Elena's hunger, how is the DI going??? Is she in good spirits??

Me said...

Haha! What a funny girl. She's awesome.

Amy said...

Oh I love it! If only they could give us time outs, right? Wouldn't a time out be wonderful. And certainly not buying the right food merits a time out in my book:).

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06