Saturday, October 9, 2010

A little hospital funny

Lily threw up all over me this morning and we were joking with the nurses about how I was running out of clean clothes -specifically underthings - and one of our nurses, Dennis, said, "Ah, it's alright- it's a hospital. Everybody runs around here without underthings on. You wear those little hospital gowns and you can see right in the back of them. Don't you know, that's why they call it the ICU."

7 comments:

Christy said...

HA! i love it. now get out of that hospital already so we can get this party started!

Liz said...

LOl! Very funny!

Me said...

HAHA. I want to meet this Dennis character.

Us'ens said...

What do you have if you can't hold on to your sense of humor??!! You amaze me, Bri!
Does our Lily get to come home today to celebrate Elena's birthday? Sure hope so!!
We love & miss you guys so much!!

Lisa said...

HAHAHAA!!! Hospital gowns have to be the most awkward thing to wear. ever.

I'm so happy she got released! See you REALLY SOON!!!

Piano Mom said...

I love how you find something happy to say about your daughter throwing up on you. It was so neat to meet you last night. I hope that sometime soon we'll have more time to chat. Thanks for saying "hello."

Kenny said...

My father, an ex-EMT for Bear Lake County, always told me this wonderful story....

One time he had to transport a patient down to a hospital here in SLC. When he got to the hospital, he found that the famous skier Peekaboo Street was working as the nurse. Once the patient was admitted, my dad got to talking to Mrs. Street. He asked her how she liked working in the hospital. She said that overall she liked it, but that she wasn't allowed to answer the phones. Curious, my dad asked her why. She replied, "Every time I answer the phone, 'Peekaboo, ICU' I get into trouble.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06