Friday, November 5, 2010

2010 Annual Turkey Shoot


The time has come for the Second Annual Hoffman Turkey Shoot!

Please RSVP

Date: November 20th, 2010

Time: 9:00 am - time is negotiable

Place: OM's house - 737 East 150 North, Springville

Cost: $10/shooter for ammo

Reward: Half-Frozen Turkey

Invited: Everyone and anyone that hasn't been exposed to chicken pox in November. (Regardless of vaccine/prior exposure, or political orientation.) Elena's ANC is forecasted dismally low that day, so wash your hands every time you turn around between now and then. But fo reals - invite your healthy friends and family!

Last year was a riot complete with a serious snow storm, hot chocolate, and car troubles! We will try and improve upon the fun this year.

Couple of things we need to work out-
1. What to do with kids? Seems that the van thing wasn't too successful last year.
2. Who is bringing shotguns? I have mine of course, but we won't have Kyle's this year since he is off lassoing people on the border.

2009 - Looking good.

13 comments:

Eric said...

Why didn't Greengo give out shotguns? That was very short sighted of it.

Amy said...

You know, Greengo, it's not too late:). I'm sure we will be there if we can work out kids. Maybe a kind soul who doesn't want to go will watch them all at OM's. I know what that stands for but I don't know how. Ha ha. Remember Sunday?!

P.S. I think it's sad that we're both awake right now. Why don't we get to sleep in?

Christy said...

guys, i am awake too.

we missed last year, so i'm hoping we can come this year. tom does work the night before until eight am... so i'll have to see if he's up for that. we will let you know.

Chandler Marie said...

That was such a blast last year! Sorry were not going to make it back for this year. Love you! have fun!

Anonymous said...

Last year was so much fun..... I wish we could make it this year but alas, not going to happen without some divine intervention. Have fun and be safe and take tons of pictures!

syellen said...

I will talk to Kenny and see if he wants to go. I think we have at least two shot guns. Plus others. I've never been on a turkey shoot, but it does sound fun, so hopefully we can make it. And I don't know if you got my text the other day but Kenny has gotten his flu shot.

Amy said...

Is that half of a turkey which is frozen or a turkey that is in the in between frozen and thawed stage- half frozen? We have 2 handguns, and two rifles (?!). That's sad I can't remember what they're called. But you guys know what we got. Na gont. That's one. We can use whatever. And I am seriously going to win this year. So watch OUT.

Briana said...

Amy, the answer depends on the weather. I promise a half frozen turkey, if it is warm, it will be a whole turkey that isn't totally frozen, if it is cold enough, we will have to blow half of it up. I didn't specify in case of further litigation. We stayed out of the courts last year, and I plan to this year too!

Briana said...

that was eric

Anonymous said...

brimleys may be coming after all...
we'll let you know soon

Jack said...

We wouldn't miss it!
Wait...

Ok. Yet again. We will not be joining on the turkey fun...
on a good note--it was 65 degrees here yesterday!!!! ALMOST felt like fall (aside from the sun, green trees, and of course the beach).

Josh and Tara said...

We want to come, we even have a shotgun that we can bring...however we do have family pictures that day. I'll have to figure something out and get back to you.

(Since I work at an InstaCare clinic, I'll make sure Josh & I wear medical masks...you never know what I'm being exposed to there.)

Anonymous said...

we are coming!!!!!!!!!!! bring on the turkey, oh wait we're bringin' Dallin ;0)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06