The run was on Saturday morning and we had a really great time! We've been having the most gorgeous, unseasonably warm fall weather lately and it made for a beautiful morning to let Elena get some time out of the house. We had great company walking with Diane and her family and some other ward members. And we loved being able to support a great cause!
Here we are all decked out for the fun run.

We also got to meet, Marie, Rachel's mom, and chat about Leukemia and fun stuff like that. :) She is a gracious, friendly, lovely lady and we really enjoyed sharing stories and hearing about Rachel. I love meeting and talking with new "leukemia friends" as we call them. It is such a nice support group - it's amazing the way you can instantly connect with people when you have a shared experience like this.

And we got to meet more of Rachel's family - who were so sweet to entertain our kids while we chatted. I think they are an amazing family!

Elena came home with lots of spoils. :) Thanks to Diane and Co.

There were random drawings for prizes and Elena won a pretty sweet prize. :) There were gift cards to various restaurants, ice cream shops, and stores. There were candy "bouquets", t-shirts, and the like. But can you guess what Miss Elena won? A book on how to get wealthy becoming a real estate investor. Excellent. :)

Haha. We really got a kick out of it! She was excited though and started skimming over it in the stroller during the fun run. Anyone need any advice? She's pretty much an expert.Next up: Our Make A Wish Experience!!
13 comments:
That is so cool that you guys got to go and support Rachel. What a fun day!
ps, I could really ude Elena's advice ;)
I cannot say it enough, I LOVE THAT GIRL!!!!! especially the proud look on her face it is priceless!
I'm so glad you were able to join in on the run for Rachel. You and Eric are so amazing!
The run looks awesome! Rob and I were laughing so hard about Elena winning the book out of all those prizes! At least she was a good sport about it. Can't wait to hear about Make-A-Wish! We've been dieing to get the report.
What a great thing for you to participate in . . . and yes, the weather has been perfect!
I'm also VERY anxious to hear about Make a Wish! Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, TELL ME! (Name that movie!)
I love that Elena won the book. Isn't that what she wished for anyway? It looks like a really great time. I can't believe how much you guys do for other people. You rock.
ha. great prize, elena. :)
how great that you guys did this. i echo amy-- it amazes me how much you guys do for others. (like bring me soup!!) way to go!
also, i'm interested in knowing what rachel's wish is.
how funny! I love that she is beaming!!
1. So amazing that you guys do things like this for other people.
2. I can't wait to hear about your Make-a-Wish experience.
3. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I'm loving your hair.
Emily forwarded that email for the Gap Give & Get. We will definitely shop this weekend. A great way to get new maternity clothes and donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! Plus who doesn't like Baby Gap clothes...
LOL! I love the look on Elena's face while holding the book!
It was great to finally meet you today, even if it was at the yucky hospital. I just talked to Chelsea and she told me what happened. I can't believe they gave her the wrong meds! I hope everything is okay. Please let me know if I can do anything for you guys!
Elana is darling!
you guys are truly awesome. nice prize too! very appropriate for a 3 year old, no?
Post a Comment