
Signing out for a few days to enjoy the holidays with my family. I'm so excited and feeling tremendously blessed this Christmas. Thank you for your faith, prayers, love, and support that have helped to bring miracles to pass in our lives. Merry Christmas to all of you! I'd like to leave you with this thought:
"May you, wherever you may be across the world, have a wonderful Christmas.... May even those whose hearts are heavy rise with the healing which comes alone from Him who comforts and reassures."
-Gordon B. Hinckley
When I read this quote a few days ago, I was so touched. It seemed like the perfect thing for this year. We are certainly a different family this Christmas than we were last Christmas and our circle of friends has expanded to take in many more people that we never dreamed we would know in the way we do. I know there are so many of you carrying heavy loads this Christmas - many different kinds of loads, old friends and new. I want you to know that I really do love you all so much - even the ones I haven't met in person yet. I think hearts are knit together in shared, similar suffering in an amazing way that usually takes more time under regular circumstances. I am inspired by the courage, faith, and strength I see in all of your lives, my friends. And I am thinking about you often and praying for you.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and are able to find peace. Especially the peace that comes from our Savior. I heard a pretty Christmas song on the radio the other day that I had never heard before, with a line that really touched me: "And man shall live forever more - because of Christmas Day."
Merry Christmas!!
5 comments:
A few days ago I was thinking about the tabernacle choir concert we went to with you just a year ago. I was remembering how we practically ran those blocks, trying to get in before our seats were given away (and barely made it)! You were nearly eight months pregnant, Eric had just been accepted into graduate school, and everything looked bright and beautiful. What a year it has been!
I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's blessings, so grateful for Elena's good news. What a wonderful Christmas gift for all of us!
We feel so close to you and Erin and Elena and Lily and we've only met for a few brief moments. Thank you so much for sharing this. Thank you for your comments on our blog. We feel so much love and friendship from you. It really has made this cancer trial all the more bearable. Merry Christmas!
a great quote, and i really love that line from the song you quoted. that is what has really hit me this christmas-- that, just like easter, christmas really is all about the atonement.
a few nights ago i was looking at pictures from last christmas. i have a few of sophie and elena together on christmas eve. they were so little! so much has changed in the past year, especially for you guys.
i hope you guys have the merriest christmas imaginable. you deserve it!
Great quote, and beautiful message. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
4200!!! How awesome!! Wonderful words from Gordon B. Hinckley... and I love the song that you quoted from! It is going to be a joyous Christmas day! I'm so glad that the family has the opportunity to be together to celebrate! Your words, as usual, brought me to tears! We love you!
Post a Comment