We had a fun drive navigating the many Florida toll roads (so strange! :)), seeing orange groves, and passing little stands on the side of the road selling real, honest to goodness gator jerky.
We stopped at Danny and Kristi's place first and got a tour, officially met Jackson (who is so stinkin' cute and sweet!), and got Elena, the steroid girl, some spaghettios. :)
Lily had fun trying to ransack things and trying to maul her cousin. :)
(I forgot my camera, so these pictures are courtesy of Kristi :))
Lily didn't want anything to do with any of it - the water, sand, etc. :) So, I held her and we watched Eric bodyboard - while he was sick! He really was a trooper all week, making the best of things in spite of being really, really sick.
Then Danny got in on the fun - those boys were brave to get all the way wet in the cold water!
I had taken Elena and Lily up by the boardwalk to play on the playground, so I missed it, but everyone else saw dolphins! I heard it was very cool. :)
We had so much fun playing on the beach and visiting Danny and Kristi. Vero Beach is really pretty - I wish we had had more time to explore all the shops and the boardwalk. Thanks for having us Danny and Kristi!
13 comments:
Oh! My! Gosh! How wonderful that Danny, Kristi & family live there! I'm sure made the trip that much more memorable...nothing like family...not to mention, getting to meet the newest member!
Looks like Elena had lots of fun at the beach & quite a different experience from being in "the village"...so sorry that Eric wasn't feeling well...and, too bad that the rest of you didn't get to see the Dolphins!! That would have been cool!!
Can't wait for the next installment! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs!
I'm pretty jealous you got to see Danny and Kristi and Jackson. Imagine living in a place where you get to see dolphins randomly. So cool.
more, more, more... ;0)
the only way I image the beach is cold like in oregon...it looks like fun.
for the record, i was sitting in a chair nursing and trying to take pictures---hence the lack of quality.
Thanks for visiting us!!! We LOVED seeing you.
Dah! I miss them! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Looking forward to more posts!
I LOVE reading these MAW posts! I can't wait for Parts 4, 5 . . .99, 100. I thought about your family while you were all gone and I was just hoping that everything went wonderfully and that Elena and Lily had a blast. I am sorry Eric was sick. Yuck!
So jealous! Wish we could have been there too, but I'm so glad you got to spend time with D,K,&J! I remember how Uncle Danny was the only one who could get her to smile the day that Andrew was ordained, and she & Briana were waiting in the car. It always seemed like she had a special spot in her heart for Uncle D.
Yay! So fun, and even better that you got to spend it with Danny & Fam!! Even if its cold, beach time is still awesome. Anxious to hear more of your trip!
I'm so glad you guys got to go visit the beach, and some family too!!
I'm glad you got to go to the beach, and visit with family! What a fun experience! I'm loving these posts (I'm really very nosey), so keep 'em coming! :)
Your trip sounds like it was so much fun. We go in April and my kids don't know yet, but I think they are getting the idea that it might be happening especially since that is what Chase wished for. I am sure it is something that your family will remember forever!
Looks like a blast! I cant wait to see more pics of your fabulous trip!
i'm so totally jealous that you guys got to hang out with danny, kristi and jackson. i bet it was so much fun. and if the ocean was as cold as it was in california, i'd say that those boys are INSANE. (but i already knew that. :))
Post a Comment