(You've all heard of Jimmer, right?? "College basketball perfection made manifest", ESPN calls him. You can go here to get an idea of why he's so awesome or here.)
We are all about spreading the Jimmer love here. Just ask pretty much anyone in Eric's family. Anyone who wasn't up on things has gotten an hour+ long lecture on everything Jimmer. :) I'm sure if you wanted, Eric would give you a call or an e-mail with everything you need to know. If only his Master's thesis could be about Jimmer Fredette. Haha. :)
Seriously though, the whole situation - Jimmer, BYU Basketball, etc. - is pretty awesome. In honor of a crazy week of BYU Basketball that starts today and in case you haven't seen this, we thought we'd share. You know, spreading the love and all. :)
There's some pretty great lines/video clips: 1:10- "you ain't messin' with The Jimmer", 1:13- the 40 footer he shot at Utah, 1:30 - "he's not much into bling except for CTR rings", 2:43 - "chuck norris even has a jimmer poster", 2:48 - "superman sleeps in a jimmer jersey", 3:15 -"look I know I'm a Ute fan... but I admit, he's a true star... hardly ever agree when it comes to red and blue... but you can catch me doing the jimmer, too". Yeah. :)
7 comments:
Lucy's teacher last year was Jimmer's sister (and she was super awesome. It must run in their family). As you can imagine the boys in Lucy's class were a little obsessed, so their teacher arranged to have him come to school one day. It was like the most amazing thing that ever happened to those boys.
Thank you for sharing, and for the hour long lecture the other day:). Since then I've talked to several people about jimmer, "hey, have you heard about jimmer?" Like I'm all in the know now. Ha ha. EVeryone already has. turns out I was the very last to hear:).
Amy--we were also educated by Eric, so don't feel like you're the last to know. It all depends on which of us he saw first :)
We aren't into sports much 'round here, but I think you have me converted after that video!
And, I'm pretty sure I will now have "teach me how to Jimmer!" stuck in my head all day long.
awesome!!
ah, yes. jimmer. i was privy to one of those hour long lectures. it was riviting. and quite educational, i might say. teach me how to jimmer, indeed. :)
Sorry to leave a comment here that has nothing to do with the post, but you posted on my blog and I didn't want it to get lost on the mom's facebook page. We had a huge discussion a little while ago about the calcium and the 6MP on the mom's page. It seems that everyone is not told the same thing, BUT you should be giving it one hour before meals or 2 hours after meals. That is hard with the little kids that snack all day so we just give it at night when he is sleeping. Kristin was the one to give me that idea. We were cutting him off as far as all food goes in the evening and it was too hard. Everyone has not been told this and the ones that weren't were so mad. It is a for sure thing and we have asked many different docs about it. Some act like they don't know what we are talking about, but the pharmacy is the one that has the ultimate say as far as how to take the drugs and they will tell you no food. Frazier is actually the one that told me that it was calcium, but lots of things have calcium so we just stick with the general rule of any food at all. If you have questions let me know and you can also go back a little ways on the mom's wall and you will find this huge discussion on it. Sorry for the long post!
Post a Comment